Third Party Press

Kahles H 4/60 Disassembly

Southwest

I acquired a Kahles H 4/60 at a very nominal price. It basically just needs the old mounts removed and general cleaning. I have done that with several zf39 scopes with success and I want to attempt it myself.
I am looking for some information for disassembling the scope and have not had success searching the internet. Any suggestions?

Regards, Al

Southwest

Beware the Kahles center section is made of zinc. Well, the one I took apart was made of zinc and when I pushed it out with a wood rod it had many black lines which were cracks. I hardly touched this section and it started falling apart like old clay. Basically, after that, it became a parts scope on ebay.

I'm not sure with this section is named, but unless you have another one handy, I'd really think twice about taking a kahles apart. In simple terms, due to this zinc part, Kahles, in my view, do not age well

John S

Southwest

I'm not sure with this section is named, but unless you have another one handy, I'd really think twice about taking a kahles apart. In simple terms, due to this zinc part, Kahles, in my view, do not age well

John S

I would tend to agree..I had one that did not last a 100 rounds and the reticle was suddenly detached and flopping around.

Thanks for the information but it really doesn't make to much difference now. Yesterday it did a high dive off a shelf, hit my vise on the way down before the last stop on the cement floor. It is now resting in the misc. parts box. :facepalm:

Regards, Al

Military Rifle Journal
Back