Third Party Press

Dialytan 4x bek

clark400

I have just obtained a dialytan 4x bek s/n 78532. Its in nice condition with the original blue. It has a fine crosshair reticle, is this the correct reticle for this scope? The elevation does not work, I believe that the adjustment shaft is broken, who would you recommend for repairs? I guess another question would be is it worth fixing? Thanks for you help I'm new to the forum.

I could be completey wrong but I was under the belief that the # 1 reticle was the correct reticle for military scopes...but there may be exceptions.

Crosshair Reticle

I have just obtained a dialytan 4x bek s/n 78532. Its in nice condition with the original blue. It has a fine crosshair reticle, is this the correct reticle for this scope? The elevation does not work, I believe that the adjustment shaft is broken, who would you recommend for repairs? I guess another question would be is it worth fixing? Thanks for you help I'm new to the forum.

I have a really nice High Turret CAD scope with a crosshair reticle. There have been a few others reported as well. Yes, I think it is worth fixing and I would not change the reticle. There is a fellow out in California that does a really nice job. Welcome to the forum.

Brian

SN 78532 should rather be phosphated than blued, so it is likely that the scope is a complete PW rework. I suggest that you post some pics before taking some possibly frustrated effort.

SN 78532 should rather be phosphated than blued, so it is likely that the scope is a complete PW rework. I suggest that you post some pics before taking some possibly frustrated effort.

Yes, that is something to consider. I honestly did not compare the serial number to what else you were saying. Sometimes a picture helps in cases like this. Especially when you are asking if something is original and should I spend more money on it. No sense in dumping good money into a bad project. Two of my BEK scopes with serial number 78XXX are phosphate. One is blued. There are some who have rather comprehensive serial number lists. You must be very grateful to the collector who gave you their serial number list Nigromontanus.

Brian

Last edited:
In regards to a certain Serial Range of bek that it falls into the range that is blued or phosphate is not so clear cut for what ever reason . You can find as this bek scope shows it is not as one would think according to serial range study , I have seen this exact issue with a couple other bek`s also . It is in the Phosphate Range but yet it is blued . From my experience in this matter , the bek`s were always in what should be or is considered Phosphate serial range , but were instead blue`ed .Yes some certainly have been reblue`ed other have not . I am speaking only about those I have experienced and had in hand .It maybe hard to find the historically correct reason , why this is . This is just one of the reason for my saying there are no true experts when it comes to German Sniper Related Subject. Best Regards .

Yes, that is something to consider. I honestly did not compare the serial number to what else you were saying. Sometimes a picture helps in cases like this. Especially when you are asking if something is original and should I spend more money on it. No sense in dumping good money into a bad project. Two of my BEK scopes with serial number 78XXX are phosphate. One is blued. There are some who have rather comprehensive serial number lists. You must be very grateful to the collector who gave you their serial number list Nigromontanus.

Brian

Of course I am grateful to my collectorfriends, but rather for letting me make pictures. A database is primarily hard work. AFAIK the only collector who gave away big serial number lists was me in the hope to get some data back, but I had made a misassessment of collector personality. But at some point you get an expert status and are often asked and been sent pics to, which add to your knowledge.

Military Rifle Journal
Back