Third Party Press

dialytan picture

Allright, this one does not look reworked, but originally blued. I wonder why somebody changed the reticle, because the scope Looks almost unissued.

Blued

Allright, this one does not look reworked, but originally blued. I wonder why somebody changed the reticle, because the scope Looks almost unissued.

It looks like a nice scope. Not all 78XXX scopes were phosphate. Not all German scopes had the same reticle in my opinion either. I have never seen a bek scope with a crosshair reticle. I have a cad high turret scope with the crosshair reticle. There have been others reported as well. I think it is worth fixing. I might leave the reticle alone for a while. Here is a picture of my scope that is blued with the 78XXX serial number. So, Nigromontanus what were you saying about all 78XXX scopes being phophate? Not sure I follow you on that point.

Brian

Attachments

• DSCN1711.jpg
    DSCN1711.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN1722.jpg
    DSCN1722.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I would take the advise of leaving the Reticule as it is because new info is coming up at record pace so to speak since computer and internet . It was not known a few years back at least not factually known that Cad & Early Dow Scopes both use Cross Hair Reticules to a small extent in certain Serial Ranges . With that mentioned it is also possible that the same is true for some bek scopes . Best Regards

Not all 78XXX scopes were phosphate. Not all German scopes had So, Nigromontanus what were you saying about all 78XXX scopes being phophate? Not sure I follow you on that point.

Brian

AFAI recall, I did not write that all 78xxx were phosphated, but I got the Notion that this the case in the later 78xxx Serial range.

reticle

Clarck,
Is it that kind of reticle you have on your bek scope ?
best regards

Attachments

• reticle.JPG
    reticle.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 45
BEK reticle

The reticle is a fine crosshair, just like a lyman alaskan of the late 40,s, Ill get a pic up in a couple of days.

Military Rifle Journal
Back