PDA

View Full Version : scope question

jlj
09-01-2010, 11:24 AM
I have a dkl 4x scope #1567. Any idea what type of mount this would have been used with? JL

Nigromontanus
09-01-2010, 11:54 AM
both low and high turret in this SN range observed; please post pics. ppp

jlj
09-02-2010, 08:20 PM
pics of dkl scope with redfield rings. What are the hole under sunshield for? JL

Valleysniper
09-03-2010, 10:49 AM
The innermost and outermost holes are moisture drain holes. The middle hole appears to be threaded (can you confirm?) probably for pin or screw. Possibly for an artic sunshade with a bayonet type fitting. There is a picture of similar finished sunshade on dkl Nr 2898 page 271 of Robert Spielauers sniper book.

Maybe Nigromontanus has an example in his collection?

pics of dkl scope with redfield rings. What are the hole under sunshield for? JL

Nigromontanus
09-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Thank you for the pics. I think the hole had a water drainage function.

Valleysniper
09-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Well this dkl scope in 26xx range has a screw fitted to the hole.

Thank you for the pics. I think the hole had a water drainage function.

Nigromontanus
09-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Hugh, I do not have this scope in my database. Pls mail me the others and the data. I have SSR dkls and many LSR dkls. But on turret dkls I am a very poor man....

Dave Roberts
09-03-2010, 03:21 PM
I can say with most certainty the Screw Hole on first Photo and on second Photo are not for a Arctic Sunshade they do not cover that far back on Sunshade . The Pins are usually much closer to front of Sunshade as Like in Photo I have Posted . I have yet to see a DKL Scope as far as I can remember that was fitted with the Pins to Accept a Arctic Sunshade
It would be nice to Know forsure what this Screw is Actually for if anyone knows for sure

jlj
09-03-2010, 05:58 PM
The center hole does look to be threaded, but I didn't have anything handy that would fit. It is very small, a 1/16 drill bit is too big, looks close to 1mm for the inside of the threads. JL

Valleysniper
09-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Well I found out that person who took picture of sunshade of dkl 26xx screw was originally present. Therefore it must have been there for a purpose. Maybe for an artic sunshade type not seen yet although sunshade shows no wear signs of one ever being fitted and removed. I even thought that it may have been screw for fitting an internal artic sunshade or possibly a light filter of some kind. Pure hypothesis I know, guess we will have to wait to see if something turns up.

The center hole does look to be threaded, but I didn't have anything handy that would fit. It is very small, a 1/16 drill bit is too big, looks close to 1mm for the inside of the threads. JL

Nigromontanus
09-11-2010, 10:34 AM
I have observed this screw in the middle not in the first dkl scope known, but in a later one (12xx), where are yet no drainholes in the sunshade. My assumption is that the screw had the function to keep the leather cover on the sunshade, hence to keep it from falling accidentally off the sunshade and hanging around.

Dave Roberts
09-11-2010, 04:19 PM
This is a possibility as the screw being for the Sunshade it as plausible as any , the reason I say this is a Friend in Germany on my last trip had got a ZF41 Scope & Mount and the ZF41 Scope had a Metal Lens Cover with Metal Pressure Prongs that fit on inside of lens housing to attach it . No Doubt Original and one that was never seen before to mine and their knowledge at least . I am almost positive the owner posted pics at another Forum he goes by Farmer Tom . If you wish to search for it . I will ask if I can get a photo too post .
There really is such a Gray Area in this field of collecting and its such a shame that any Original Info is so hard to come by . Best Regards .

Nigromontanus
09-12-2010, 02:40 AM
Dave, I know these parts on bmj 60600. I was later informed this cap comes from a French scope and is not German.

Dave Roberts
09-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Dave, I know these parts on bmj 60600. I was later informed this cap comes from a French scope and is not German.
Hi Paul
Did Farmer Tom tell You this or someone else . This is the Scope , I was not informed but that means nothing , Friends can not remember to tell You ever little detail . I know Farmer Tom was researching if it was an Unknown Cover or from another Scope . Thanks for info Good to Know this . Now I can shut my Hole . LOL!!!!!!!!