Third Party Press

FN 1922 Question

I know this isn't much of a pistol site but I get better responses to my questions here than I do anywhere else.

I have been told that in a true FN1922 rig, the holster was also numbered to the gun. I have seen 1 example of this but the numbering looked 'off.'

Is there any truth to this?

Last edited:
of the ones I have including two with drop holsters, no mags or holsters have been numbered to the pistol. Two early rigs and one late. My 2 cents.

I too have a Model 1922 rig, in a Luft drop holster, captured directly from a German pilot by the father of a friend of my Mom's...I have the capture papers and tag that was attached to the rig when captured...neither the mags or the holster are numbered to the gun (although the gun is a capture gun itself, being a Dutch contract pistol).

As TA stated, possibly its a police gun...pics (if possible) of course would help the guys give you better opinions...

As issued to the Wehrmacht from the factory, neither the holsters nor the mags were numbered to the guns. Police were known to number mags, etc. at the unit level, but I have not seen a polizei 1922. I guess its possible that the commercial 1922s could end up with the police.

Military Rifle Journal
Back