Third Party Press

Opinions on this Bolt

PrayingMantis

This is an unnumbered Kar98 bolt in a current auction. Is it an armourers, scrubbed, non-German? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 24.JPG
    24.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 23.JPG
    23.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 57
PM, I would go with non-German, Polish specifically.

Imo anyway... better and more relevant pics would help.

It is loaded with polish Glyphs as Paul noted. The top flat looks ground - notice lack of cam shoulder on bolt handle base ( because it's been ground down to remove serial ).
I've had a couple of these polish Karbinek98 bolts and they were all serialed identically to the german fashion except lacking any Alpha prefixes.
So basically it looks to be a bolt salvaged from one of those spanish civil war peices - that is if the 'scrubbing appears legitimately old' , otherwise it's a humper job , but most importantly it's not an armorers bolt for nothing. I have yet to see or hear of an armorer kar98a bolt but having had handfulls of gew98 armorer bolts it would likely follow their pattern(s) and it does not first off of course by being polish.

Thanks for the responses. I called the seller and he said he thought the number looked scrubbed. I think I'm still going to go for the gun though, I can find a German bolt to drop it in later.

Military Rifle Journal
Back