Third Party Press

4mm Anschutz Trainer

DiehardWWII

Hey,
Feel free to comment on my recent purchase, an Anschutz trainer in 4mm. I like German 22 trainers among my Mauser collection but usually stay away from those I am not certain of, particularly without military markings of the time. I took a chance on this one b/c it has a rack number in the butt. I start imagining how it was gun #12 at some Nazi youth camp or #12 at some Gestapo office basement. I guess having use as an indoor gun leaves me more possibilities to mull over. Anyway, maybe someone here has seen a similar piece and can link it where it may have been used. Maybe I am totally off base and it saw strictly commercial use. I think I paid too much without military markings but that #12 won my imagination over. I also liked that "Excalibur" like logo that I have never seen before this rifle. BTW, I added the cleaning rod to fill the open hole and already know it is not correct. Comments welcome. Especially wanting to know when it was made and for who.
Thanks,
Diehard

Attachments

• post1.JPG
    post1.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 56
  • post6.JPG
    post6.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 55
  • post2.JPG
    post2.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 44
  • post7.JPG
    post7.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 43
  • post3.JPG
    post3.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 58
  • post8.JPG
    post8.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 37
  • post4.JPG
    post4.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 77
  • post9.JPG
    post9.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 39
  • post5.JPG
    post5.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 36
  • post10.JPG
    post10.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 43
  • post11.JPG
    post11.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 38
  • post12.JPG
    post12.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I know NOTHING about the 4mm trainers, but what in tarnation is that cut in the bottom of the barrel and stock behind the rear band? Is it deactivated/dewat????? Or did these 4mm use this system to 'slow down" things even more for gallery practice? I have no idea about them, and I haven't got "THE BOOK" yet (it's on the boat now coming...)

Nice rifle though.

I have a DSM .22 with a rack number oddly placed behind the front band on the left side, of B6.

stock access hole

My knowledge is also limited but I was told that the 4mm round is so slow that if the barrel were full length as a Mauser trainer should be than the bullet would just about stop at the end. I believe the 4mm cartridge which is about half the size of a 22 cal is powered by its primer will little if any other gunpowder. So the hole is where the barrel ends and the fake barrel begins. I believe if you were cleaning it you could pull the cleaning patches out the hole in the stock.

4mm

VERY NICE, These rifles are usually found in this type of condition. Pictured are the five I have. The one in the center is basicly like you'res. Not all have the cutout in the stock and faux barrel..Of the five I have none are marked the same? But ,are basicly the same rifle. Jga seemed to use two logo's the jga/circle and the jga/shield and sword. There are also different serial ranges for these rifles. Pic's shown here are of the kdf version. Also a shot of the stepped down cleaning rod..Ammo can be found and purchased new from a fellow in texas.

Attachments

• Rifle004-4.jpg
    Rifle004-4.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Rifle006-2.jpg
    Rifle006-2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Picture 994.jpg
    Picture 994.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 67

Military Rifle Journal
Back