Third Party Press

That G43 rifle

scout II

Hello. I am new to this site but I have been a regular on Calgun.net for a long time now. I am the guy that sold Ziconceo that G43 rifle. I have owned it for about five years and never shot it or took it apart. I told him it was matching numbers as that was what I was told. I had no reason to doubt the guy I bought it from. That was my mistake. After he started posting here he told me that some parts were faked, I told him right away to bring it back to me for a refund. I then started following his threads and signed up here to see what he was talking about. What a mess that turned out to be. He finally brought it back to me last weekend for a refund. My question to you folks is, how much do you think the rifle is really worth? I am not going to try to scam anyone on the rifle. I have it posted saying that a part or to have been tampered with so everyone will know it is just a rifle and nothing special. I don't want to keep it any longer that is why I sold it to ziconceo. Thanks for your time and knowledge.

I think a mistake ziconcoe/cobble made was that after he was well informed that the rifle was humped, and everyone knew it, he "acted" as though you were hard to get in touch with for a return, but he actually wanted to make a profit by selling the humped rifle rather than returning it to you. He's not a very good actor.

The cracked bolt housing is a "winner". The rifle gets worse the more pictures of it are being posted. I guess ziconcoe thought that was also part of "the Nazis" re-using bits and pieces from scrapped rifles and therefore didn't need to be mentioned. But maybe he did know, hence the hurry to sell it to another sucker. I'm glad nobody got hurt or killed trying to fire a round in that wreck. The original seller asked for the rifle's value, well, lemme tell you, it's a far cry from the $2,500 you're asking on the other forum. Drop the price by a grand and you will actually have someone's attention. Sorry for my honesty. Happy new year.

Sorry to say it's approaching parts gun status. Not safe to shoot without a serious trip to see Rob at Apfeltor and get a thorough check up by the man.

That Rifle gets around. lol Without the cracked bolt housing I said 2k, with that housing the way it is I think 1.5K tops

If it were my Gun I would just be honest about it and put it on GB (warts and all) with no reserve, you might be surprised what you get for it.

HDH.

Last edited:
Bummer it was renumbered, more so that it turned into the feud that it did. Had it been called what it was I doubt the quarelling would have gone as far. Would have been better to just leave it a mismatch, at least the responsible party for screwing with it used the correct style carrier for the era, kind of a sin it was renumbered, non ribbed solid handles are not easy to find. Left alone with the correct parts it would have still made a nice representative example for somebody that you could still have some fun with come range day. (Replacement housing goes without saying.)

It could probably be salvaged with little trouble, bolt housings do come around from time to time, but such a mountain of ill will has been built up I gather everybody would steer clear not knowing what hidden damages have not been revealed.

Military Rifle Journal
Back