bruce98k

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2
Staff member
Interesting period postkarte.

Attachments

• DSC_0026_bw.jpg
    DSC_0026_bw.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 186
Now that is one VEry Interesting WWI Scharfschutzen Grouping . Fabulous Photo Bruce
Thanks so much for Posting it . What I wouldn`t Give to get my hands on one or two of those Sniper Rifles .

That's not a cool, but a super cool photo!
The very first photo I've seen, showing the GPK sporting sniper rifles. Please note the different rear sight (100-1000m).
If I remember right, these rifles were introduced in 1916.
Congratulations on that find!
Wolf

Welcome to the forum Wolfgang! Glad to see someone as knowledgeable as you made your way here!

Nice Pic, Look Closely! Do you see what I see?

Looks like double set triggers on at least two of the rifles to me...:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Untitled 11.jpg
    Untitled 11.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Untitled 12.png
    Untitled 12.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 47
Hello,
thank you very much for your friendly welcome. And greetings from Bavaria.
I'm very happy to have found a forum like this one. Hopefully this forum will remain as it is now. With collectors who love their original guns.

@gergnotwen:
these are exactly the two rifles I was talking about.

Unfortunately there is almost nothing known about these GPK sporting sniper rifles. Full stock, checkered pistol grip, double set trigger, rear sight: 100-1000m. Developed by the GPK and introduced in 1916.
I'll talk to Dr. Storz about the rifles next week. He might now know more details than he published in his book. I'll find out.
The attached photo shows a member of the GPK testfiring a sporting rifle with double set trigger in May 1916. Probably a confiscated sporting/hunting rifle.

With very best regards and good collecting
Wolf

Attachments

• IMG_0620_2.jpg
    IMG_0620_2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 69

Military Rifle Journal
Back