Third Party Press

K98k double claw sniper project..

alund

Bourbon Boy
I came across a BNZ 45 double claw sniper rifle with a double set trigger which was a bring back. Unfortunately, it was sporterized so the kriegsmodell stock is mia. I found a semi kriegs which works well but mentally its an eyesore knowing its not back to the "original state". Seems like such a simple stock to find…..in 1945 that is. If anyone has a line on this rarity…lemme know. :googlie

sounds like what you got there was all in all a sporter. as far as i know there are no double claw bnz 45 snipers, or for that matter any kind of bnz 45 sniper. post some pictures if you can.

sounds like what you got there was all in all a sporter. as far as i know there are no double claw bnz 45 snipers, or for that matter any kind of bnz 45 sniper. post some pictures if you can.

I'll post pics in next day. It's possible was made by the bnz plant after the take over. But it is clear that it came from the bnz plant and not by some after market work up. Would be nice to know the true history of this rifle . Thanks for the intel. Check pics when up, lemme know what u think

There wasn't anything being made at the bnz plant after the takeover. Lots of rifles were scoped postwar for GI's though, look forward to photos.

here they are

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 91
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 79
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 77
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 67
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 76
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 64
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 61
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 61
rifle with semi kliegs stock

has anyone ever seen a bnz 45 like this??? were some double claw made for concentration camps??

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 41
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 50
I agree, post war sporter. As far as I know the concentration camps had no need for sniper rifles. You must be thinking of Schindler's list where Amon Goth was shooting at prisoners from his balcony using a scoped rifle. He did use a sporter similar to your rifle in that scene.

Besides, your S block is so late is was probably captured new at the factory or directly near there in a rail yard.

Most probably a short after conversion since the mount bases are for the Suhler Einhakmontage, the most common civilean mounting type for scopes on hunting rifles. There were no hunting rifles available or affordable, therefore a lot of rifles were converted to accept scopes with bases (also a lot of original military snipers were "hunterized" in Europe). This is one of them. Double set trigger is nothing military, but only something which is common for hunting rifles.

Nevertheless, a nice rifle. I guess it would be restorable, remove the bases and weld on. But that should only be done by someone who knows what he's doing, aswell only of the rifle is worth the effort (if it's matching and otherwise untouched).

Military Rifle Journal
Back