Third Party Press

LSR bek + scope with arctic sun shield

agentcq

Well, it wasn't the most timely find, but I couldn't resist. I found a nice bek + scope for my bcd4 (three holed LSR sniper project).

I have to admit that the last few months have been heavy on the collecting pocket book and I had been admiring the bek + and ajack sniper scopes at Simpsons Ltd over the last few months (both $2000 +). But when I saw this scope on ebay, the finish was great 90% plus and it came with the arctic sun shield, I also ended up paying less than if I bought one of the Simpson Ltd Scopes...pefect to finish off my 90% completed snipe project.:thumbsup:

I can't wait to pay the seller and to recieve this scope asap. I will post pics of it mounted on the bcd4 of course.

If anyone in the know can add their feedback on this scope and serial number range it would be great.

Can I still get away with the solid LSR rings? Or do I need the 17mm or 22mm bands now?

Help please!

Attachments

• !B5Ko3w!!Wk~$(KGrHqF,!jUEybbnZq-MBMsjUK3RLg~~_35.jpg
    !B5Ko3w!!Wk~$(KGrHqF,!jUEybbnZq-MBMsjUK3RLg~~_35.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 77
  • !B5Ko5oQEWk~$(KGrHqN,!h0Eycg21+bcBMsjUQMbFQ~~_35.jpg
    !B5Ko5oQEWk~$(KGrHqN,!h0Eycg21+bcBMsjUQMbFQ~~_35.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 86
  • !B5Ko7cwBWk~$(KGrHqF,!iMEyeRtpYM(BMsjUVjMjw~~_35.jpg
    !B5Ko7cwBWk~$(KGrHqF,!iMEyeRtpYM(BMsjUVjMjw~~_35.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 57
  • !B5Ko9IwBGk~$(KGrHqJ,!ioEyd+-jCC0BMsjU,n58!~~_35.jpg
    !B5Ko9IwBGk~$(KGrHqJ,!ioEyd+-jCC0BMsjU,n58!~~_35.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 53
  • !B5Ko-9QB2k~$(KGrHqR,!h!Eyrv1fFZSBMsjUf5lfg~~_35.jpg
    !B5Ko-9QB2k~$(KGrHqR,!h!Eyrv1fFZSBMsjUf5lfg~~_35.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
You can get away with it BUT it is not Correct for the Machined Ring Mount . You really do need a Band Type Mount for it to be 100% Correct . Sorry for Bad News . I saw this BEK and it was a Great Deal . So hard to find Real Arctic Sunshades .

You can get away with it BUT it is not Correct for the Machined Ring Mount . You really do need a Band Type Mount for it to be 100% Correct . Sorry for Bad News . I saw this BEK and it was a Great Deal . So hard to find Real Arctic Sunshades .

I will go for the solid rings for now and I will replace with a set of band rings. What is the proper band width? 17mm? 22mm?

I believe accumark sells repros of both. I will try to keep the original repro base as it has a nice repro waffen amt and I will just replace the top ring portion.

An original mount would be nice, but few are far between and not to mention...costly.

I will go for the solid rings for now and I will replace with a set of band rings. What is the proper band width? 17mm? 22mm?

I believe accumark sells repros of both. I will try to keep the original repro base as it has a nice repro waffen amt and I will just replace the top ring portion.

An original mount would be nice, but few are far between and not to mention...costly.

First thing what is the Serial Number of Your Rifle . Because from the Original LSR I know of the ones with 17mm Band Mounts fall in Ser# Range of 55,000 to 58,000 Now this is just Approximate . And 22mm Bands in between before and after . That does not mean there is not other Ser# Ranges for the 17mm Band Mounts . Hope this Helps .

First thing what is the Serial Number of Your Rifle . Because from the Original LSR I know of the ones with 17mm Band Mounts fall in Ser# Range of 55,000 to 58,000 Now this is just Approximate . And 22mm Bands in between before and after . That does not mean there is not other Ser# Ranges for the 17mm Band Mounts . Hope this Helps .

The bcd4 is #72809 (czech refub and vopo re-issue), I posted some pics a few months ago on this forum of the project with an incorrect 4x scope.

Thank you for the help.

Military Rifle Journal
Back