PDA

View Full Version : Checkered Sniper Butt Plate or Fake

Hercules
10-22-2010, 11:56 PM
Dave,

Any opinions on the pictures of this butt plate? Is it real or fake? Thanks.

Hercules

mrfarb
10-23-2010, 08:34 AM
It's the one on ebay- I don't think it's real. Here's the giveaway shot:

http://homepage.mac.com/newton_gregory/Sites/iSale/Pictures/1287717746_3.jpg

Hercules
10-23-2010, 12:07 PM
It's the one on ebay- I don't think it's real. Here's the giveaway shot:

http://homepage.mac.com/newton_gregory/Sites/iSale/Pictures/1287717746_3.jpg

MrFarb,

To me it looked fake, because of the screw holes on the back had the cross hatch. The ones that I had seen did not have the crosshatch on the scew hole dent on the back. Just interested in what you thought. Thanks.

Hercules

Dave Roberts
10-24-2010, 12:39 AM
You are Correct with Your thoughts on the Hole inside and out should not have checkering
Can also tell from first look its the French Copy .

Ultimate Shield
10-31-2010, 12:36 AM
well someone wasted $600 smackers on a repro. feel bad for the guy :facepalm:

Dana

vaughn99
11-10-2010, 11:39 PM
the french copy are the easiest to spot there stamping had a flaw in the stamping pattern and sticks out like a sore thumb very easy to spot. this buttplate has this flaw.

later
vaughn

Dave Roberts
11-12-2010, 05:48 PM
the french copy are the easiest to spot there stamping had a flaw in the stamping pattern and sticks out like a sore thumb very easy to spot. this buttplate has this flaw.

later
vaughn

If You know what to look for You spot a French Copy in a Second .
I would show the flaw but do not know how to put arrows in Vaughn
can You show them what to look for . Two Vertical Lines in the Checkering Pattern
are Bold er than others on outside and as noted easy to see ounce one knows what to
look for . Best Regards

vaughn99
11-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Hello,

I marked with 2 arrows the flaw. You will see that these 2 diagonal lines stand out from the rest of the checkering pattern. ALL of the French butt plates have this pattern seen. the French ones were the FIRST best copy and ppl are TRYING to age them to look original, like the 600.00 fake that just sold on e-bay was a French copy and I am using the pics of the exact one just sold.

Later
Vaughn