Third Party Press

1940 42 Luger (And its big brother)

ugafx4

I buy capture paper guns
Staff member
I have always been interested in picking up a P08 and as an early wedding present, my fiance bought one that I found online. I will let the pictures talk for themselves, but I now have two Mauser 1940 produced items. With some more research I hope to narrow down what part of 1940 these were produced. I am in the process of locating a 1940 holster and extra magazine to go with it.

What else were they producing at the time so I can add it to my collection?

Bes1.jpg
Best.jpg
Best2.jpg
Best3.jpg

A P.38 would be the logical next step.
Proper codes would be 480 or ac40 - or a Walther Banner Zero series in the #03520-012991 range.
Regardless, be prepared to dig deep - in your wallet, that is....

Dienstglas 6 x 30 1940 vintage

Add a nice set of 1940 produced binoculars with case. Many variations to choose from and lots of info on serial numbers and date of manufacture on the web.......and you won't have to dig too deep in your wallet!

Currently working on a holster for it. I think a belt and buckle along with a helmet will be the next direction.

I REALLY like the binocular idea. I think that they are very cool looking!

Eventually I will buy a p38 and a high power. These pistols are going for so much money now! It just takes a lot of research on each one before I buy it so I try to focus on one thing at a time.

Thanks!

German binoculars 1914-45

Lots of manufacturer codes and logos and variations, military uses and powers to get involved with.
Be careful, they are addicting.

Very nice UGA, and you're a lucky man :happy0180:

Be careful, you're headed down the trail I followed years ago. It started with "I would like one example of each country's service rifle used in WW2".

Thanks everyone!

I had the same thought Hambone, for about 5 minutes :)

I think next up is g/k43.

The scary thing is I could match s/42, 42, and byf code k98s and lugers for several years. That could get pricey!

Military Rifle Journal
Back