Third Party Press

ac44 ejector

armenjs

Have you gents had this issue. Sometimes not ejecting spend shell. well, I do now. I swapped with my other blm bolt and replaced with the ac44 guess what it ejected. I took the ac44 and placed with the blm guess, It ejected. So I can say its not the ejector problem. I even changed the spring on my extractor just to be sure. I also swapped mags it worked fine. but some how doesn't or not 100 percent work on the ac44. The stock is new replacement. It doesn't have dust cover.

Any thought about changing the ejector push the pin out from the front of the rec

Thanks.
armen
LhbVXJul.jpg

ZN91isRl.jpg

s4lo5dcl.jpg

Last edited:
Are you using a shooters kit with adjustable piston? If so perhaps it needs the next size orifice to allow a little more gas? Also could it be the ammo? Which type are you using, if it is a lower load perhaps it is not enough to cycle the action? Could be a combo of the two?

Towards the end this video shows how to determine the correct size orifice in the shooter kit by the distance the bolt carrier travels while cycling. I used small drill bits to progressively widen the orifice for increased travel. A small tapered reamer will work, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvDqofdwuqE

No, I personally haven't fired this one yet. When I cycle the bolt manually it wont eject the shell. When I do it slowly it works much better, but as normal clearing the chamber like pulling the bolt back, stops ejecting. The extractor seems to be ok catches the shell and takes out of the chamber. I plan to make this my shooter, I have the kit installed. ready to go but once check the function with dummy round I noticed the issue. If need a better view of extractor I can get more.

Towards the end this video shows how to determine the correct size orifice in the shooter kit by the distance the bolt carrier travels while cycling. I used small drill bits to progressively widen the orifice for increased travel. A small tapered reamer will work, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvDqofdwuqE

Update
I guess manual clearing means nothing you need to shoot the darn thing. I shot the g43 with the shooter kit installed with the 2nd (low to high)smallest regulator. My reloads were 150sp grain speer with imr 4895 44 grain. She didn’t like the load. There were Issues with ejecting the shell and few with extraction. It’s a gas issue. Also didn’t like the Romanian surplus. So, I changed the regulator to one size bigger. Romanian worked fine ejecting across maybe 3 4 feet, and of course shot/used all the reloads. Now, I probably can just install the biggest regulator and call it a day. This fix most likely will work with any load/surplus out there. IMO defeats the purpose of installing the kit.

Installing the regulator don’t take too much time, so I may load few and test to see which one works fine for reloads. What do you think or and any reloads you currently have with g43.

Armen.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back