Third Party Press

Well...be honest...i can take it

I dunno - a G41 for less than 10K? I hope you also bought a lottery ticket.

G41(w)'s go for less than 10k regularly. I don't follow them closely but I've never even seen one sell for 10k. The 41m's are the expensive ones.

The stock on that is sanded up pretty good. Doesn't look terrible though

Great looking rifle! The final price seems to be in family with past G41(W) auctions. The trigger guard screws look too new and slots too perfect, not consistent with the wear around the locking pin holes. Does anybody know why two different fonts were used for stamping the number "4" in the serial numbers?

who am I to say what people spend their money on.. A push button G41w is a rare bird and Have always brought a premium. G41w's have about 3 different variants this being the hardest to find.. The 4's being used do differ and certain parts seem to use the different font. I cant see an issues with the parts..The screws do look to good to be true..

Thanks guys..oh well...i guess i have to booger up the srews to make it look right...i will check for marking when i get the rifle...maybe they are legit?

Looks gorgeous, Andy!

The G41 duv I owned had horribly badly finished wood, this looks beautiful by comparison.
Great find - and good price - that was only a grand more than mine sold for.

Thanks Jessie...now help me pay for it...buy my mp44 mags and pouches listed on gunbroker...spent all day listing auctions...i have about 2-4 more to do...one is a 100% original, vet bring-back, Jan-45 SA M1 garand in at least, bare-bones 90% original finish

The only "problem" I see you have is that the stock has either been replaced maybe or sanded heavily. It doesn't have the matching serial number and the proofs that it should. The metal looks nice on it. Hardwood stock it is. You may have paid a little more than what a sanded stock rifle should have brought, but if you really wanted one, why not? This one is a little more special though in that it is a (W) stamped one. If memory serves, this means it was a test rifle for Walther. (W)=Walther. An early one like this may explain the hardwood stock instead of a laminated stock. Other than the stock, rifle seems nice.

Oh yea, it's also a "push button" type too! Bolt release type rather. Nice! These are rare'er too.

Looks like one "NR" bidder jacked you up $1500 past $6k. Not an easy G.41 to find.

Stop having buyers remorse you did fine. Once in life time and for few hundred you turned it down. You would have think about for long time. Your money will earn and at work rather than sitting in the bank. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Arm..thanks ...i don't have too much buyers remorse..just came at a not-so-good time right now
Andy

Last edited:
. An early one like this may explain the hardwood stock instead of a laminated stock.

G41W's are standard in walnut. I believe there is a VERY small block of rifles made with laminate, of which I owned one. Walther returned to walnut after the laminate stocks to finish the W's out. I know of several G41's (walther manufacture, not blm), that are in walnut sporadically throughout the contract too. I think you did fine, though it blows that the stock has been sanded. Rare rifles. For anyone interested, check Claus Espeholt's sight for G41 figures. I believe there are 3 or 4 W's documented in a row in laminate. Also, it has my laminate as a replacement stock, and that info is incorrect, as the info was given to Claus before I owned the rifle. Also, on the number fonts, this seems to be the trend in 41's. I believe a different type of stamp was used on stamped parts, machined parts, and hardened parts. Opinion of course.

Last edited:
For some reason? I can not seem to navigate claus's website...i oly can find pages on the net, one at a time and view them that way...clicking on the "main page " on the bottom, get me nowhere after the main page..

Great GB auctions, Gunheep!

Also, Darrin Weaver's book "Hitler's Garand" - if you're looking for production numbers.

Military Rifle Journal
Back