Third Party Press

Old guy, FNG here

mauser22

Thrilled to be aboard. Refered by bruce98k Am acquainted with many of you. Have not been as active as I was in past due to life's circumstances but now back on my passions (.22 trainers and 98K's).

If help is needed on the trainers will lend what I can. Have spent considerable time, effort and $ studying them over 3 decades.

Good Collecting!!!!

OK, here's your initiation test :D

My Oberndorf DSM34. 1934 manufacture (serial 7644). Note the sleeved rear sight base (and it is ALL original). What, in your opinion, does the B6 stamp on the foreend signify? Batallion 6?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• cw-82.JPG
    cw-82.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 129
  • cw-81.JPG
    cw-81.JPG
    203 KB · Views: 126
  • cw-77.JPG
    cw-77.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 124
  • cw-75.JPG
    cw-75.JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 123
  • cw-73.JPG
    cw-73.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
My guess

No doubt a "property mark"

my "guess"

HJ Bann 6 (Nordmark)

Property marks including "B" not uncommon and applied in numerous and sundry styles and locations. Usually on take down disk but also observed stamped on bands, in wood, and on tags attached to slings or rear band.

Your particular mark, location and style not observed before

That and $2 will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Last edited:
Btw

Unable to open thumbnails here for some reason browser gives run time error message and AOL shuts down when I click on thumb?

Will try it in internet explorer.

Being new here, have other A OH HELL users experienced this?

JW,

I inserted the images directly to the post - not as thumbnails. Did that help you?

Thanks for your thoughts thus far!

Yup that did help

JW,

I inserted the images directly to the post - not as thumbnails. Did that help you?

Thanks for your thoughts thus far!

There now I see it!

I think it a pretty safe bet it is property mark for Hitler Jugend Bann 6. But again just an educated guess.

Thanks Bob!

Some older browsers have trouble with the VBulletin board software. You should be running the newest version of your browser anyway just for security reasons.

Welcome aboard mauser22!!!

JW

Welcome Jim. Our 22 Trainer Horsepower just got a huge boost. Not only on 22s but
a great general knowledge across the board. A great addition to our group.

Military Rifle Journal
Back