Third Party Press

Late qve 45 question?

kar66

Yesterday I went to a small local gun show. A friend of mine who can find more guns than anybody else I know had a very minty qve 45. Almost everything looked correct on it. It was a 7, something d block rifle. It had a threaded barrel w/a late front sight base wo/the lock cut. The stock looked great like it had just came off the line or out of a shipping box it was numbered w/the acceptance under the wrist, but I didn't see any markings on the side. It also had the milled bolt cover. The only turnoff was the triggerguard screws. It didn't the standard lock type screws. It had just normal slotted screws. The screw heads were large they more than covered the lock pins. This really looked odd to me on a K43. Other than that everything was as it should have been. Did BLM ever send anything out with those kind of screws on it?

Sounds like an interesting rifle. Late war use of threaded barrel on a qve, neat variation. the stock should have 214 proofs on the right hand side of the stock and the sn etc. on the bottom.

BLM was pretty consistent (unlike Walther) in the manufacture of their G/K43's. You will find very few deviations from normal production, although some do exist. Anyways, the screws sound like somebody replaced them
at some point in time, this is not unusual.

Pictures would be worth a thousand words on this rifle.

qve 45

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't buy it and the owner usually moves them pretty fast. So I will probably never see it again. When I saw those big screws it just turned me off. I guess maybe it was taken apart to ship home and maybe the original screws were lost and those were all that were around at the time. As for as the markings on the right side of the stock, they may have been there. But if they were they were pretty weak. But everything else looked like new, but not redone. All in all a very nice late qve 45.

Military Rifle Journal
Back