Third Party Press

Finally got a G43

builttoughf350

I picked up a G43 today. I have been waiting a few months for the owner to get back into town because he leaves every winter. I called him Friday and we set up a time for today-

The rifle-
AC '44 serial 39XX b so it should be early to mid spring I would guess
icon_smile_question.gif

Bluing- 90-95%
The bore- roughly 95% but I havent ran a cleaning patch through it yet
All of the numbers match except the inspection stamp on the internal part of the bolt is 214, it should be 359 - how / when /why this got swapped out is anyones guess
The stock has not been sanded or messed with.

Came with-
3 original magazines
icon_smile_big.gif

Original leather sling
Cleaning rod
2 boxes of original German 8mm ammo
a reproduction magazine pouch
a reproduction owners / field instruction manual

price for the whole lot - $2,500
icon_smile_wink.gif

crappy cell phone pics

Hello,
Looks like a nice G.43. Always good when the stock hasn't been messed with. We would need to see the bolt to see what's going on with it. Good shot of the serial number would be a must too.

Seeing your gun makes me want to go out and get one of my own!

Great find if it checks out!

Great find and extras on top. So you saying the lugs are mismatch or bolt housing. :thumbsup:

the bolt housing with the charging handle matches the serial number and has the proper 359 acceptance stamp.

its the internal part, which is not blued- I suppose you could call it the lugs- I guess I would describe it as the bolt face, where the back of the cartridge seats with the extractor in it.

I am pretty new to G43's so forgive me for the lack of terminology :facepalm: I know everyone here is a great source for info.

thanks for the responses so far !!

Yea, that's a typical BLM bolt (duv). Sorry to hear that. Still, a $2,500 dollar G/K.43 isn't all that bad. I'll bet your rifle's original bolt cracked or something and it had to be discarded somewhere down the line of history. That was a common problem with these. If you plan to shoot this one, get a shooter's kit. It will have the components you'll need to make the recoil on these not so hard. If you don't, you'll eventually have problems with the recoil issues and parts will start to crack and break down.

Thanks tiger. I definitely won't shoot it without the kit.
I'll be honest, I'm still totally fine with the price. The bore and bluing are awesome, the stock isn't sanded, it came with the original sling and ammo, and the price of spare g43 mags is up there !!

I've wanted one for so long and the last time I even saw one at a gun show, they wanted $3200 with a shattered buttstock and $4k for a different one.

I didn't dare buy one on an auction site.... I got to inspect this in person. I knew right away the bolt was 214 marked but given all the other good things about it I was able to overlook the bolt mismatch. At least the bolt housing matches

Last edited:
That is a nice rifle and I don't think you went wrong at that price. Would like to share pictures of mine as well. She wouldn't win any beauty pageants but I like her. Don't ever intend to shoot it, I paid more than you and got less.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 27
Thanks tiger. I definitely won't shoot it without the kit.
I'll be honest, I'm still totally fine with the price. The bore and bluing are awesome, the stock isn't sanded, it came with the original spring and ammo, and the price of spare g43 mags is up there !!

I've wanted one for so long and the last time I even saw one at a gun show, they wanted $3200 with a shattered buttstock and $4k for a different one.

I didn't dare buy one on an auction site.... I got to inspect this in person. I knew right away the bolt was 214 marked but given all the other good things about it I was able to overlook the bolt mismatch. At least the bolt housing matches

Glad you decided to keep it. You really paid $2k for a untouched stock and nice finish all the extra on top. sling and original hood. GL

All in all you did good! Finding matched G/K43's is tough these days. Be careful they are an addiction. Extra mags and the stock are a plus for sure. Put a shooters kit in it and take it to the range, they are fun to shoot!

How hard is it to install the shooters kit ? I assume its something that can be done at home, im not a newbie to guns / equipment / modifying things...

EDIT- a little research shows that the kits are very affordable, and I found a video showing how to install them.

would I want to replace the springs as well ?

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back