Third Party Press

mauser sniper of france

borismg42

bonjour

here is one part of collection of German weapon WWII.

cdt
patrick

5 x k98
1 x G41
1 x G43

ws9yrl.jpg

Hi Patrick,

Are they all still in 8X57 IS?

Could you tell us more about the codes of the rifles and the scopes?

I hope to soon be able to show everybody my two K98Ks, a 1937 BSW and a BYF 43.
I still need to wait a little more to be their official owner. It's quite complicated in France to own a rifle in a military caliber...

J'aimerais bien voir ces pièces de visu à l'occasion... J'habite dans l'ouest de la France.

Last edited:
You can't collect weapons in France the way you do in the USA.

First solution is to have deactivated weapons that are free to own.

Second solution is to justifiy you are a hunter and then you can own a rifle in a no military caliber. That's why they are plenty of 8X60 and 8X68 Mausers in France.
One the rifle is acquired, you can own it as long as you whish.

Third solution is to justify you are a target shooter, that owns a safe to stock weapons, , shoots really and is in good physical and mental condition. Then, you are allowed to "own" up to 7 central percussion rifles in military caliber for three years. Every three years, you have to ask again. If you can't match all the required conditions, you have to sell your weapons, or give them to the authorities that will destroy them.

But things could change "soon", in a good way. At least, we hope so.

Patrick, could we have more pictures and information on your various sniper rifles?

You can't collect weapons in France the way you do in the USA.

First solution is to have deactivated weapons that are free to own.

Second solution is to justifiy you are a hunter and then you can own a rifle in a no military caliber.

I was unaware of the French policy. Thanks for educating me on the subject. It still sux that all of those magnificent rifles are deactivated. What a shame.

And yes please give us more info and photos on them!

Hello Borismg42 .

Your K98 bnz is not good , bnz made never zf41's - K98's .
Only ar ( 41-42-43-44)
duv ( 41-42)
byf ( 43-44-45 ) makes ZF41's

Would it be possible to show a pic of the LSR mount where the bek scope is put upon? Or at least write which is the serial number (should be five digit) stamped in the mount?
Thanks in advance.

Hello,

very nice collection of repro snipers its great to enjoy them this way when you can't afford the real thing. hopefully soon i will have my colleciton displayed like yours and enjoy them nice display. soon hopefully!!!

later
vaughn

More politicians should be deactivated and leave our rifles alone.
Let there be another war and see how fast they put real guns in your hands, I feel sorry for the French people to have to put up with such small minds.

Brazil sucks even more than france

Ohhh guys, I'm almost crying reading this thread, I'm Brazillian and there is POSITIVELY no way to own such weapons... EVEN DEACTIVATED... Well, not quite, but the process is LOOONG and EXPENSIVE... I would have to import The gun, so I was going to need a collector certificate, and then wait at least 6 years, because BRAZILLIAN LAWS SUCKS LIKE HELL. This is because each three years you got a "unlock", that is you can possess a more powerful weapon, divided into "tiers" by crescent caliber... The 7.92 is in the second "tier"... But this is just the beginning... Then you have to get some good quantity of permissions(permission to store weapons, permission to buy weapons, permission to service weapons, permission to buy ammo, permission to shoot, permission to import (the thoughest of all), I think I even need a permission to get permission(not kidding). AND THIS SUCKS SOOOOO MUCH. So, there are only two ways of getting a K98k for me:

1. get ALL those permissions and certificates(and some more);
2. GET THE HELL OUT OF BRAZIL!!!!! AND MOVE TO US!!!

Military Rifle Journal
Back