Third Party Press

ante 1940 TM Zielvier ?

wilecoyote

Tomorrow I will receive some detailed picture about a supposed "ante 1940" k98, w/turret-mounted #59057 Zeiss Zielvier, mism. rings, all m/n excepted the extractor's #" that those few infos might worth their posting ? this before takin'a day off to travel to "smell" it , again IF might worth the trip..._

Last edited:
... some picture about a supposed "ante 1940" k98, w/turret-mounted #59057 Zeiss Zielvier, mism. rings, all m/n excepted the extractor's #" might worth the trip ?..._
(if seemingly legit, I could encumber this thread w.other picures,of course)
thanks to all

Attachments

• 1 (14).jpg
    1 (14).jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 1 (9).jpg
    1 (9).jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 1 (3).jpg
    1 (3).jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 61
all comments will be welcomed..

Attachments

• 1 (4).jpg
    1 (4).jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 1 (12).JPG
    1 (12).JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 1 (6).JPG
    1 (6).JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 1 (5).JPG
    1 (5).JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 24
A mi nol me piase , ghe sé dee robe strane... ;-) I don't like it , there are some weird things , like the finish of the bases , in good conditions , mounted on a receiver that looks like sanded/partially corroded .The rings looks non completely correct , for example the stopping pin on the rear base is wrong ...Also the serial number on the front ring is , in my knowledge , in the wrong position.

Last edited:
A mi nol me piase , ghe sé dee robe strane... ;-) I don't like it , there are some weird things , like the finish of the bases , in good conditions , mounted on a receiver that looks like sanded/partially corroded .The rings looks non completely correct , for example the stopping pin on the rear base is wrong ...Also the serial number on the front ring is , in my knowledge , in the wrong position.

Antonio,
where have you been all the time? We were missing you!
BTW: I was wrong concerning WWI Mauser made sniper rifles. They used some Mauser rifles for units in Turkey/Palestine in 1917.
http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread...f-Gew-98-Sniper-Rifle-Research&highlight=turk

Wolf

Wolf ,
I have always been here , on my favorite Forum , togheter with my expert friends ! ;-) Some days ago for example I asked you informations about the Zeiss 2,5x .The fact is that i have not so much to write but a lot to learn...
So , about my gew98 Mauser 1916 , d block , time ago you wrote me that there was a chance that it was a legit sniper . In the linked discussion the examinated turkish ex snipers are 1917 , n block , new thoughts about mine?

Last edited:
Antonio,
your Mauser 1916 looks legit!
Have found some documents concerning Mauser snipers prior the 1917 "n" block rifles.
Still a minefield. I'll let you know.
Wolf

Hello,

Zeiss scope is a parts scope. has completely the wrong saddle assembly for this serial its from an earlier scope. I rarely see parts swapped around on zeiss scopes!!!

later
vaughn

Hello,

Zeiss scope is a parts scope. has completely the wrong saddle assembly for this serial its from an earlier scope. I rarely see parts swapped around on zeiss scopes!!!

later
vaughn
... italian Art at his best, I suppose...
Altough I'm quite unprepared, I've seen around here blatant fake German and Finnish (!) snipers currently produced and advertised by well reputed gunshops, as well as by privates...
Vaughn,thank you very much for your expertise about our national creativity !
In this Forum is the firs time I feel I can have answers from knowledgeable people_ That's plainly priceless, in my book_

... italian Art at his best, I suppose...
_
Wile , we italians are not the only to make this kind of fakes , be sure that out of Italy you can found much more of this stuff .Think only at the enormous quantity of replica mounts sold on Ebay all over in the world...About the k98 subject of this discussion note that it's an import from Germany, so it's also possible that it was assembled there and not in Italy.

Wile , we italians are not the only to make this kind of fakes , be sure that out of Italy you can found much more of this stuff .Think only at the enormous quantity of replica mounts sold on Ebay all over in the world...About the k98 subject of this discussion note that it's an import from Germany, so it's also possible that it was assembled there and not in Italy.

my first post in this Forum was about an east-euro scammer and during this month only that's the second German import fake I've encountered, therefore I've no doubt about the possible internationality of this behaviors_ however, regardless the origin or the maker of the fakes, being my direct experiences mainly related to the italian market & advertisings, included some "reputable" gunshops offers, w/out goin'into details unfortunately I can't say to be pleased of what I see and I've seen here around _

Military Rifle Journal
Back