Third Party Press

gunbroker parts set

shortfal

If any of you out there are considering bidding on the 44 parts set that just showed up on GB I'd suggest you look REAL hard at the front sight, gasblock, buttstock and receiver cap (buttstock bracket). I have never seen a sight or gasblock with mold marks. Some of the set looks like Airsoft stuff to me.

Beware!

Pete

another look

If any of you out there are considering bidding on the 44 parts set that just showed up on GB I'd suggest you look REAL hard at the front sight, gasblock, buttstock and receiver cap (buttstock bracket). I have never seen a sight or gasblock with mold marks. Some of the set looks like Airsoft stuff to me.

Beware!

Pete

Looking again the handguard does not appear to have any makers mark and I wonder about the rear sight.
Airsoft handguards are a fair copy of original ones and are springey so they snap on well but do not fit perfect to the receiver.
Had a guy send me some of those clone parts he bought for his build thinking they were original NOT!
Pot metal stock bracket, rear sight base and sight assy. Repro cast safety and crappy stock rear metal.
Pete (again)

...Are you suggesting the philips' head screws are not original?

Receiver looks like it was cut, rewelded and then cut again.
Not much good there - the lower pistol grip area maybe, obviously there are actual grip issues.

screws

...Are you suggesting the philips' head screws are not original?

Receiver looks like it was cut, rewelded and then cut again.
Not much good there - the lower pistol grip area maybe, obviously there are actual grip issues.

My rifles are obviously original and have only slot head screws.
Pete

Yes, Shortfal - my two MP44's are all flat head screws - I was joking about the Philips head screws - they are brand spanking new on the gun parts in auction, as are the stock and stock mountings.
(I actually had to replace a screw on my second MP, as one had been wrenched out at some point many moons ago, and buckled the trapdoor - the replacement wood screws are no joke to find, and came from Russia - STG44.eu, I believe.)

Edited in the correct Russian website - www.stg44.eu:laugh:

Last edited:
screws

Yes, Shortfal - my two MP44's are all flat head screws - I was joking about the Philips head screws - they are brand spanking new on the gun parts in auction, as are the stock and stock mountings.
(I actually had to replace a screw on my second MP, as one had been wrenched out at some point many moons ago, and buckled the trapdoor - the replacement wood screws are no joke to find, and came from Russia - MP44.eu, I believe.)

I should get better at reading between the lines!
Never saw the small screws offered, just the larger ones that hold the rec. cap to the buttstock at $25.
Then there was the guy with the washer at $35 or somesuch. I asked him how many I would get for that.
A fellow here sent me some that are quite close to correct he found after searching hardware stores at length.
Pete

Military Rifle Journal
Back