Third Party Press

? About AC44 "g" block G43

ls6man

Hi guys

I know a pic goes a long ways but at the moment I can't post one..

I have found a "g block AC44 G43 which is all matching and in 85% finish. My question is do you guys ever see the WaA359 waffenamt on the left side of the stock getting worn from use of the rifle? The rifle in question doesn't appear to be sanded as the wrist waffenamt and serial are fairly strong and legible but the left waffenamt is very light. The rifle doesn't show any other issues.

The rifle definitely has a "battle worn" look to it but is complete.
It even has a manual and spare parts kit in the butt.

The guy wants 3k for it so trying to get a better idea. I will try to get a pic ASAP

Thanks

Greg

I have a g block G43. There is a waffenamt on the left side of the stock and mine is hard to read as well. I will attach my pictures so you can see. Not a great photographer but I will attempt to take the pictures again if you think it will help. Let me know if you need any other pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 27
My G block matching sniper also has the waffenampt on the left side is very hard to see in pics. Ron

Attachments

• 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 43a.jpg
    43a.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 34
Walther made guns almost always have a shallow cartouche on the G/K series. One of the deciding factors which made me lean towards a BLM made rifle.

I don't think he was saying all Walthers had light stamps, just G/K blocks. as we can see, the light stamp is inique to jus those blocks and wonder why? Ron

P, B, I and D.

No G, My other Walther is a O block but not pictured as it has a Reproduction stock.

HDH.

Hey guys

Thanks for the pics and info! I got a chance to take a few pics (wish they were better but was using my Iphone5). I'm second in line for the rifle...it is all matching, missing the cleaning rod, sight hood, and sling. It does have a spare parts kit and original manual in the butt.

Here are the pics of the stock.

image[1].jpeg

image[2] (2).jpeg

image[2].jpeg

image[3].jpeg

The sling and cleaning rod will be easy enough to find. I am not sure about the front sight hood though. The parts kit and manual is a bonus though. That is a weak strike on the waffenamt though.

I'm wondering if it has worn down due to cheek weld on the stock or was it sanded at some point. The stock doesnt really show any evidence of sanding in other sreas...just typical wear (ie: serial stamping is uniform in depth and wrist waffenamt appears worn more from useage than sanding).

The rifle overall is 80-85% original finish and has a nice "been there" look so was thinking left side waffenamt might have been light and just worn down???

Guy wants $3k...any thoughts?

TIA

Greg

I don't think he was saying all Walthers had light stamps, just G/K blocks. as we can see, the light stamp is inique to jus those blocks and wonder why? Ron

Ok , got it thanks. I thought G/K series meant G/K43 Walther Rifles.

HDH.

I'm wondering if it has worn down due to cheek weld on the stock or was it sanded at some point. The stock doesnt really show any evidence of sanding in other sreas...just typical wear (ie: serial stamping is uniform in depth and wrist waffenamt appears worn more from useage than sanding).

The rifle overall is 80-85% original finish and has a nice "been there" look so was thinking left side waffenamt might have been light and just worn down???

Guy wants $3k...any thoughts?

TIA

Greg

Hard to say, Stock may be lightly sanded. I would offer 2.7-2.8K

How is the bore?

HDH.

I agree with Model, try to purchase the rifle in the $2,700.00 to $2,800.00 range. I would see how easily one can get front sight hoods. Hopefully someone will give their opinion on that. The missing front sight hood is offset by the spare firing pins/manual. If you end up spending $3,000.00 you would be paying at the top of the range. I have seen examples not move at the $3,400.00 range. A good book to think about getting is Hitler's Garands. The cleaning rod needs to be 10.5 inches if I recall correctly. A K98k sling will work but I think there were specific slings for the G43, canvas and leather. I would have to pull my book out to confirm.

I don't think the stock has been sanded but it does look like it had been used and that wear could have affected the waffenamt.

There were no differences in 98K or G 43 slings. They are one in the same. Ron

I agree with Model, try to purchase the rifle in the $2,700.00 to $2,800.00 range. I would see how easily one can get front sight hoods. Hopefully someone will give their opinion on that. The missing front sight hood is offset by the spare firing pins/manual. If you end up spending $3,000.00 you would be paying at the top of the range. I have seen examples not move at the $3,400.00 range. A good book to think about getting is Hitler's Garands. The cleaning rod needs to be 10.5 inches if I recall correctly. A K98k sling will work but I think there were specific slings for the G43, canvas and leather. I would have to pull my book out to confirm.

Thanks for responding. One less thing to look up in the book. How available are front sight hoods? What is your opinion on price range?

Correct sight hoods are available and like the G33/40, expensive when found. Depending on overall condtion, prices given are pretty close. When I collected, I tried not to purchase pieces that need replacement. Of course I collected for history and if that is the way it came back, then it was acceptable.
As far the rods, they are also the same as a 98k, 12.5 inches. The the G33/40 takes the shorter rod. Ron

Attachments

• rod.jpg
    rod.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 4
  • rod1.jpg
    rod1.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 2
  • rod2.jpg
    rod2.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Oops on the cleaning rod as well. Will have to reread the book. Though I only wanted one example of this type of rifle. My rifle did not come with a sling or a cleaning rod.

Sight hood and parts

There have been very few original sight hoods for the G/K43 rifles for sale so that one will be tough to find and like others it will be a bit expensive. Search for sight hoods for the MP44 series as well as these also use the taller sight hood that would be correct. An unmarked late K98 long cleaning rod should not be too hard to find and original slings are around but are getting expensive if you are looking for a really nice marked one.

Nice rifle, welcome to the addiction!

Military Rifle Journal
Back