Third Party Press

Cash

How many collectors can even think about buying one of these. Those are INCREDIBLE guns. I wonder what the actual price on them will be.

Wonder if my bank will let me borrow the money!

Received my brochure in the mail yesterday and flipped thru it; some extremely stunning firearms. I once was involved in some bidding with them on the phone, the bidding flew past my top bid so fast it was unbelievable.

This very FG-42 recently sold at auction for $149K. It looks like they buyer has already decided to flip it and cash in.

"How many collectors can even think about buying one of these." The answer is, many. These same guys get whatever they want, including great toys and futures without worry. Prices such as these are just pocket change to them. If you aren't rich, then be prepared to settle for what the heavy hitters don't want.

Last edited:
Honestly who pays these prices? Lots of guys on here have mgs, and stg, mp etc etc and didnt pay $100k lol.

$220k for a rifle is absurd regardless of income.

$220k for a rifle is absurd regardless of income.

It is.

Unfortunately, to those who pay these kind of prices the dollar amounts are chump change to them. It does hurt the industry as it artificially increases prices for the rest of us.

This same thing occurs in other collector industries - one that comes to mind is antique/muscle cars.

Check out some of the Barrett-Jackson car auctions, where unrealistic prices are bid by those to whom a quarter of a mill is nothing. It just hurts the smaller guy and hobbyist/enthusiast.

Sucks........

The FG42 scope rig looks fishy. The scope is all nicked and beat up but the mount looks pristine. Definitely not been issued/used together. Looks almost like a parkerized Estes Adams mount.

The FG42 scope rig looks fishy. The scope is all nicked and beat up but the mount looks pristine. Definitely not been issued/used together. Looks almost like a parkerized Estes Adams mount.

Yeah I see what you mean however my Estes Mt. is blued, I think all of them are.

I don't think that mount is original to the rifle, for that kind of money it better be an original German Mt.

HDH.

Military Rifle Journal
Back