Third Party Press

Stg 44 shows up in buy back in buffalo.

Very nice looking mp44... also observed a late war type 99 and Italian M91. Tragic fate for these classics.

Interesting, near the end the reporter states tax payer money is not being used for the "buyback". Who's money is it?

I read on another news site that they money comes from "seized drug money".

I wonder what the fate is for most of these guns? Surely they realize some may be way more valuable or hold a collector/historical value?

Hi,
Every 5 years or so we have a gun amnesty ,the things brought in would make you weep and all is destroyed.

Lol - I think they have one MP44 they cart around to throw onto these piles of rusty guns and BB shooters, specifically for photo-ops just to wind up the gun collectors.

I jest of course.

My attorney (permits) mentioned a couple of cases of high profile criminal STG use/association over his career - one with HA and another with a White power loony toon - neither one involved the weapon firing, just illegal possession. In both cases the history of the weapon was the appeal to the perp.

Why not turn the Stg into a parts kit and sell it on gunbroker? :laugh: :laugh: $5k+ for a kit with a chopped receiver and mag. It could fund the next buy back:thumbsup:

I know this may not do much/help at all, But i Emailed the Mayor/Police department concerning them of this and how they should attempt to preserve it and to Donate it to a musuem or if they were to sell it that they could get a large sum of money, Doesnt hurt to try to save it, Unless it is as Pitfighter said and used to just Troll/Tick us collectors off. Lol

Military Rifle Journal
Back