Third Party Press

A Few Other Items Picked Up Last Weekend...

pzjgr

EOD - bombs and bullets
A few other items I picked up last weekend in addition to the 42 1940 98k...

A sweet Daimon flashlight, with a battery....first battery I have come across...it doesn't come off so good with the flash, but the color is more a dark grey than black...

And about the mintiest ammo pouch one can desire....Ackva Lederwaren marked...

It wasn't a bad weekend at all...

Attachments

• DSC01124.JPG
    DSC01124.JPG
    216.6 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC01125.JPG
    DSC01125.JPG
    224.9 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC01127.JPG
    DSC01127.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC01129.JPG
    DSC01129.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC01130.JPG
    DSC01130.JPG
    262.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC01131.JPG
    DSC01131.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC01132.JPG
    DSC01132.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 29
Maker sure the pouch isn't one of those postwar W. German ones. I have one exactly like it- the company that made them during the war but marked them a little different postwar, but construction is identical.

I was wondering the same thing....I know Ackva Lederwaren was a producer in WWII...this one is marked "GmbH" between Ackva Lederwaren and Bad Kreutznach (I think thats what it is...) an not a year....

Ahhh, even if it is a post war pouch, it only cost me $20, I can always dump it and get my money back...but man, it is identical....

The wartime ones are Lederfabrik, the post war are Laderwaren. I have one just like it and don't plan on selling it....

I must agree that has got to be the best example I have ever seen. I also have seen quite a few examples but never with a battery.
GREAT FIND!!!

That is a nice torch! I'm surprised that battery hasn't leaked. There was a guy making exact repro's years ago and even they leaked after a few years. He actually went to the company that made them for the Wehrmacht during WW2 and they still had the lithographs for the labels, along with the ink stamps (it was in the former E. Germany).

I was surprised too when I saw it....I have seen original batteries is pics, but never in person. It was originally in upside down and backwards...I carefull popped it out, and was delighted to see the Eagle on the front. It is in amazingly good shape (although the paper covering is a bit ragged on the edges, so I handled it as little as possible!) considering it must be getting close to 70 years old...and no leakage either.

I was happy to add it to the collection....

another torch

Here's mine w/ bat.
Lots of variation in these torches...
Filters, flip up shield, bat, and extra bulb too...

Attachments

• 1torch.00.jpg
    1torch.00.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 1torch.01.jpg
    1torch.01.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 1torch.02.jpg
    1torch.02.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 1torch.03.jpg
    1torch.03.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 1torch.04.jpg
    1torch.04.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 15
Neat lights, like yours BiO! I have a bakelite palm crank one. It works and lights. It's noisy and would likely draw fire :facepalm:

"It's noisy and would likely draw fire :facepalm: "

- Hambone, that sounds like perfect German equipment to me :laugh:

Cheers,
Peter

Military Rifle Journal
Back