Third Party Press

"K.Z.F." marked ZF4 scope

Absolut

With the help of Dave and a friend of him called Mike which were kind enough to authenticate it as being original, I'm pleased to share a few pictures of a "rust pitted, non functional ZF4 scope from an estate". Well, at least that was the description. of it. Scope came from Germany, the nun-functional thing was a loose adjustment knob, and the view is crystal clear. I got it for a bargain, even compared to any ZF4.

Attachments

• kzf4.jpg
    kzf4.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 67
  • kzf5.jpg
    kzf5.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 55
  • kzf6.jpg
    kzf6.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 47
I also had it on my watch list although I felt the external condition was kind of a downer (and for a K.Z.F the body with the distinguishing engraving is the single most important aspect). But when the hammer dropped at 158 Euros I was quite shocked because that's an excellent price just for the internal parts alone. Funny, the seller presented the scope as defective "because his optician had told him so" based on the observation that the reticle wouldn't move.

You reeled in a good catch!

Georg Thanks for the mention , but I have to say I really had no part in authenticating the Scope looking at it certainly appeared it could be original. I know K.Z.F. marked Scopes exist , but this was the first variant marked in this manner I had seen . The only thing I had part in was sending pics to a knowledgeable G/K43 & ZF4 collector I know . The ZF 4 Scopes are interesting but not my main interest . A great addition to Your collection . Happy I could assist You Georg . Best Regards

Military Rifle Journal
Back