Third Party Press

New section

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
I've added this section to the forum dedicated to the paperwork of the period. We will be adding some original documents to this section from the 98k rifle factories, along with making a place for the truly unique documents Peter U has posted!

Great Idea!

Great idea on the new section. I posted a scan of Das Gewehr 1939 in PDF format. I recommend that you consider upping the file size to at least 850k in this forum as I found I had to seriously down sample the scan in order to upload it. Quality is a bit funky because of the reduced file size. If you can bump the size up I will upload a better and clearer copy for the members!

Greg

I will up the file size! Your documents are so unique Peter- Hambone thougth it a good idea to have a seperate forum. I have some original documents from the 98k book that I can post as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment mrfarb!
Every military ID booklet tells an unique story, German WW2 Soldbucher contain a load of information and on top of that most have a picture of the owner in it, which is a plus in our very visual orientated world.

Cheers,
Peter

I like the idea of this new thread.
Every military ID booklet tells an unique story, most have a picture of the owner in it, which is a plus in our very visual orientated world.
Cheers, Peter

Except for the Luftwaffe ones. A photo is a rarity in them. I've got 5 or 6 Fallschirmjäger Soldbuchs w/o photos.
I have lots of award doccuments and other paper, I'll have to see what I have photos of.
Sarge

I like the idea of this new thread.

Except for the Luftwaffe ones. A photo is a rarity in them. I've got 5 or 6 Fallschirmjäger Soldbuchs w/o photos.
I have lots of award doccuments and other paper, I'll have to see what I have photos of.
Sarge

Hello Sarge,

Their is no different set of rules and regulations when it comes to pictures in Soldbucher for Heer, Luftwaffe or Waffen SS.
On November 16, 1943 an order came out from the OKW that photos should be put in Soldbucher as a security precaution. It further stated, that they must be in the Soldbucher by April 1 1944 for training units and December 31 1944 for combat units. The Kriegsmarine required photos to be in their Soldbucher with a regulation from September 1941.
- There exist original examples of Soldbucher that were used till the end of the war bu that for some reason never had a picture added to them, but the large majority of Soldbucher that were used after early 1944 have had a picture in them.
- Be extra careful with Soldbucher with a picture that have no history after November 16 1944, because the owner was KIA for example.

Please post your examples on this forum.

Cheers,
Peter

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back