Third Party Press

Sportmans Guide has 7.9 kurz

8Kurz

God to be able to reload for .30 or less.
Easy to do and cases are good for many reloads.
Pete

God to be able to reload for .30 or less.
Easy to do and cases are good for many reloads.
Pete

I reload I got the cases from graf & sons awhile back and projectiles, slowly getting the powder #4198, but I ordered the last batch for shooting rounds and for the reloadable brass, got a sh*tload of east german

E. German

I reload I got the cases from graf & sons awhile back and projectiles, slowly getting the powder #4198, but I ordered the last batch for shooting rounds and for the reloadable brass, got a sh*tload of east german

Most of the E. German I've seen is kind of pricey, but I guess not having to agonize over finding every last reloadable brass case has to be worth something.
But then there is the cleaning after firing corrosive ammo.
I bought a mold from NEI Handtools and have a guy that has cast some bullets for me. There's a local outfit that does a baked on polymer coating on lead bullets. Thinking I'll have some of the cast ones coated rather than lubing and putting on gas checks and see how they work out. The cost would be offset somewhat by not having to buy the gas checks.
I still have a fair amount of the Hornady HP's, but it is not known when they may be making them again.
Might have to go with the cast ones totally at some point.
Pete

8 Kurz

Pete
not yesterday, but I did last friday and coles did not have them listed, maybe a batch came in the country

Jack

Call Coles. As of TODAY the nice lady told me they had good stock on the 8 Kurz. She refers to it as 7.92X33

Pete

If any of you reload, Joe Salter has some 7.9 x 33 projectiles and brass:

https://www.joesalter.com/new-arrivals

They sold a PTR 44 which they must have purchased complete with various extras including loaded ammunition and now these components. I can see that the Prvi Partisan loaded ammo they are selling is high at $22-24/box (listed around 10/24). Maybe these components are better priced? The unfired brass, once fired brass, and bullets were all listed by them in the last couple of days. I don't reload this caliber and don't currently have anything that fires it so am just passing this along.

8 Kurz

If any of you reload, Joe Salter has some 7.9 x 33 projectiles and brass:

https://www.joesalter.com/new-arrivals

They sold a PTR 44 which they must have purchased complete with various extras including loaded ammunition and now these components. I can see that the Prvi Partisan loaded ammo they are selling is high at $22-24/box (listed around 10/24). Maybe these components are better priced? The unfired brass, once fired brass, and bullets were all listed by them in the last couple of days. I don't reload this caliber and don't currently have anything that fires it so am just passing this along.

Thanks for that info. Just ordered the 500 Hornady HP's they had listed.
A decent deal if the shipping is not too high.
Pete

pete

I sent you a PM

I bought the 100 primed new brass and 200 projectiles from salter

jack

hello I have a buddy of mine who has at least 10 or so boxes of Kurz ammo. Not sure who made them ? They are in Nazi boxes. Just want to know a fair price.
25 to a box I think.

fair price is what you can find someone to buy them for I saw some the other day that were ridiculous in price

I will make a offer of board via pm if your friend is interested

I collect this stuff - quite obsessed with it actually, lol.

Wartime boxes are 14, 15, 20 rounds.
The 14 and 20 are the rarer of the three.

If they are original labels (not overstamped with a czech label) they are quite desirable.
A lot also depends on the ammo inside.
Some headstamps are rarer than others.
There is a 20 round box of aux 7,9 headstamped ammo at $200-$300 in pete decoux's auction right now.

I am buying regular ammo in 20 rounds boxes for around $60-$75

A 15 round wartime box of common headstamp ammo is about $45

Common headstamps:
dou, ak, hla, wa, de, fva, aux

Headstamps that are desirable:
kam, oxo, probe, 7,9
Anything pre-1944
The Polte factory (aux) produced 8mmKurz with a 41 stamp - these are obviously very desirable.
*Also blanks, dummies, drill rounds, amourer gauge rounds, grenade blanks, tracers, armor piercing, and those gestapo explosive rounds are all desirable.

Factories by code.
Munitionsfabriken (formally Sellier & Bellot), Prague with factory in Vlasim,
Czechoslovakia, (Manufactured under German occupation):
ak

Polte, Werk Magdeburg, Poltestr. u. Fichtestr.,Magdeburg, Germany:
aux

Draht-u. Metallfabriken G.m.b.H., Salzwedel, Germany
fva

Hugo Schneider A.-G., Werk Leipzig, Germany
de

Waffenwerke Brünn A.-G., Werk Povázská Bystrica, formally Czech National Arms and Ammunition Factory, Povázská Bystrica, Czechoslovakia under German occupation
dou

Hugo Schneider A.-G., Werk Leipzig, Germany
wa

Metallwarenfabrik Treuenbritzen G.m.b.H., Werk Sebaldushof, Germany
hla

Teuto Metallwerke G.m.b.H., Osnabrück, Germany
oxo-

Hasag Eisen u. Metallwerke G.m.b.H., Werk Skarzysko-Kamienna, Poland (formally Fabryka Amuniciji, Skarzysko, Kamienna)
kam

Post-war Sellior & Bellot czech - produced for one year (1946) on German machinery.
SB ) 1 46

This was probably more info. than you needed - if it isn't PM me and I will answer more.

I am also buying more of this stuff every week.

they are not orig. ww2.. I mean Nazi boxes as they have a Nazi flag on the box. its some sort of commercial ammo.. 8mm kurz. has anyone seen this stuff.

agreed and I thought I was obsessed seems Im still normal

I refuse to pay $3 a round, paying those prices only encourages the price gougers

they are not orig. ww2.. I mean Nazi boxes as they have a Nazi flag on the box. its some sort of commercial ammo.. 8mm kurz. has anyone seen this stuff.

Can you have him text you a cell pic?

Sprat - I've paid a lot more than $3 - I paid through the nose for one post-war Sb 1946 - it was produced for one batch in one year (before dismantling the machinery), and I am fine with it.

I don't know if they are gougers, so much as ignorant - I seem to be the only person ever bidding on this ammo on GB - lol -

I won't pay that much for modern ammo I intend to shoot -
(No surplus will ever go through my rifles.)
I just picked up 200 rounds for $115 - but, collecting is a different matter for me.

This ammunition is historical and it's development, and history is intwined with and speaks of the development and technology of the firearm.
The ammunition changed, as it was developed, the primer, powder loads, case material, projectile, first with a view to efficiency then desperation.

The Polte factory started producing this stuff in 1941, the Mkb42 followed the ammunition.

To collect and study the firearm but ignore the ammunition, seems like an oversight to me.
But, collecting is a personal thing.

There are those that would call us odd for collecting a seventy year old automatic, that is not particularly accurate, sporting or tactically valid anymore :happy0180:

BTW - there are collectors on the IAA forum who make my Kurz collection look like childsplay - thankfully I am not unique in my demented pursuits.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back