Third Party Press

High Turret on Gun Broker

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=208660900
There are sure a lot of fakes out there and this one does not look like it is worth $7500.00. At least there has not been any bids on it.

Hercules

The base rifle is bogus. Mauser did not number bands and trigger guards this late in the K block and I don't think they ever numbered bands to five digits in K98k production. Also note the lack of good bolt pictures. I can't speak to the mount or scope. The sling and rod look original which is rare, most fake rifles have post-war accessories.

Plus there is no E/135 proof on the left side of the receiver as I have seen on all other legit High-Turret sniper rifles. It would be a fun rifle to have as a representative piece, but NOT at its current price.

There was some BYF with all 5 digits Stamped on Parts , Myself and Bruce were talking about this the other day .I just can not remember which letter suffix are correct for 5 digits on parts. The Scope & Rings are Original , but the Bases are Fake or Repro which ever terminology You wish to use . Look at the Screw holes on these Bases and You can see the Difference and Look at Pics I Posted showing Screw Holes . If You notice the Screw Hole are Different the Pics I posted are the shape the Hole should be . Best Regards

Attachments

• DSC02565.jpg
    DSC02565.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC02567.jpg
    DSC02567.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back