Third Party Press

Walther nskk kkw

mauser99

This is a not as high serialed walther kkw. Nskk marked stock to boot.
This one also has the notched bayonett lug where the earlier walthers dont.
Sorry no overalls I just focused on the points of intrest.. Peter S. has added maybe the high point of Walther kkw production.

Attachments

• Picture 999.jpg
    Picture 999.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Picture 1000.jpg
    Picture 1000.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Picture 1002.jpg
    Picture 1002.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Another fine trainer! very nice.

Seems to me that the early Vs. later walther KKW's have a few different features.

Thank's for sharing,
John

This is a very high serialed walther kkw. Nskk marked stock to boot.
This one also has the notched bayonett lug where the earlier walthers dont.
Sorry no overalls I just focused on the points of intrest..

What is the highest known serial number for a Walther KKW?

What is the highest known serial number for a Walther KKW?
Not sure Pete. I know bob-in-ohio and maybe Jimw.may have more serial data on walthers than me. This is a later one. I saw one other nskk marked example in a past RIA auction. These date past the april/40 proof change. Though some say it's jan/40
ANyway eagle/n -vs- bug. I have an earlier S/a marked example and it has the non-contoured bayonett lug like a gustloff. Only Mauser to my knowledge "up to this rifle" used the notched bayolug for the "H" band.

I've been following these, KKW's in general, for a little while. This is the highest serial number that I've seen to date.

Attachments

• Walther KKW 5416s 04.jpg
    Walther KKW 5416s 04.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 67
kkw's

I've been following these, KKW's in general, for a little while. This is the highest serial number that I've seen to date.
Thanks for adding. One thing we will do at some point is get running lists going for production numbers. I tried to do this over on gunboards on Bsw/Gustloff kkw's...Not being a mod overthere it was hard to keep it neat. I had the sticky thread added but had no access to edit it. I was earlier going to say I saw one in the 4900 range..
It might be safe to say Walther Made 6k kkw's???

Walther KKW Production

Definately 6K or less. 5419 is the highest number noted by 400 guns. Also have evidence that only a scant few guns put together after Jan 45. (Naturally, combat weapons the priority for sure at that point.) Have other evidence that Walther was collaborating with Weihrauch to adapt the Z4 scope to the KKW utilizing the swept back mount. Only one such "prototye" has come to light. I have personally examined that rifle and have photographs that I will post in the future. The directive to do so was only issued in Jan 45 and consequently did not reach fruition. The intent was to produce a Sniper trainer variant. The Walther KKW and the BSW marked KKW are the two hardest KKW's to find in my experience, second and third to the Gustloff ZF41 variant.

Last edited:
Definately 6K or less. 5419 is the highest number noted by 400 guns. Also have evidence that only a scant few guns put together after Jan 45. (Naturally, combat weapons the priority for sure at that point.) Have other evidence that Walther was collaborating with Weihrauch to adapt the Z4 scope to the KKW utilizing the swept back mount. Only one such "prototye" has come to light. I have personally examined that rifle and have photographs that I will post in the future. The directive to do so was only issued in Jan 45 and consequently did not reach fruition. The intent was to produce a Sniper trainer variant. The Walther KKW and the BSW marked KKW are the two hardest KKW's to find in my experience, second and third to the Gustloff ZF41 variant.

Okay, is it a typo on your part or is there one on record that is 3 numbers higher than the one pictured?

Typo, busted first day on the job!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice NSKK. Super nice. I have one recorded #2222s. Latest E/N is 5177s and earliest 4869s. Earliest Walther KKW is 554s. I don't have one.

Walther range

Bob has the lowest s/n I have recorded, #192 (he's reported this in public forums.) The next highest is one I have #333s and the highest is 5416, Peter's. I currently have 19 Walther, 125 Gustloff, 23 Mauser and 19 BSW KKWs in the database. My numbers come from public and a few private sources from the last 7 years only.

Here's '192 S'.
This one set the hook for me with trainers,
and I have trouble getting good pics on this one.

Pretty special wood, and the blue is a high percent.​

Attachments

• kkw192.01.jpg
    kkw192.01.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 33
  • kkw192.04.jpg
    kkw192.04.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 28
  • kkw192.05.jpg
    kkw192.05.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 26
  • waltkkw.08.JPG
    waltkkw.08.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 25
  • waltkkw.18.JPG
    waltkkw.18.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 26
  • waltkkw.04.JPG
    waltkkw.04.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 29
Very nice NSKK. Super nice. I have one recorded #2222s. Latest E/N is 5177s and earliest 4869s. Earliest Walther KKW is 554s. I don't have one.

Here is 2222S that Joe mentioned above.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Denny Gaither NSKK-4 (Medium) (2).jpg
    Denny Gaither NSKK-4 (Medium) (2).jpg
    71 KB · Views: 44
  • Denny Gaither NSKK-6 (Medium).jpg
    Denny Gaither NSKK-6 (Medium).jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal