Third Party Press

G43 buttplate

joker

Hello

kann someone tell me a little bit about the buttplate. I mean the 2 versions. With ripped door or without.

which was the early one.

which is the correct one for a G43 ac44 with "h" Serial. My weapon have one without ripped door. I thing it should be the original one, but i find no stamps on the buttplate.

greetings from good old germany :)

I can usually spot repros even good ones through photos...and I know I can in person...as all things collectible in hand experience is best....especially as some of the repros are really good

I dont put much emphasis on the buttplate anymore if it looks like it has been on there a long time

Ribbed are generally considered early type, but were used unitl the end, I ve had several ac45 rifles with ribbed buttplates, and I think my B block sniper has one, Ill have to look

take a photo or two, and post it, most buttplates will not be marked in any way

I can usually spot repros even good ones through
I dont put much emphasis on the buttplate anymore if it looks like it has been on there a long time

It looks like it would be the one which belongs to this weapon. I only asked because this buttplate is very scarred. I would only buy a good repro to chance this one... BUT i dont trash the other one .. ;-) because i think this is the original one..

So i would only know whether one can say on a G43 ac44 h block only buttplate without ribbon would be produed.

Ps: sry for my bad english... german would be better :)

Attachments

• plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 72
Your rifle was produced during the time frame where you could find an authentic ribbed or flat butt plate on an ac44. This is also the time period where you have threaded and un-threaded barrels, plum and non-plum barrels, etc. It all depends on many things:

1. Was ther reciever made and set aside and finished later;
2. Was it made at Walther or Neungamme KZ; and
3. Were parts contracted or was the reciever contracted.

I hope this helps.

Your rifle was produced during the time frame where you could find an authentic ribbed or flat butt plate on an ac44. This is also the time period where you have threaded and un-threaded barrels, plum and non-plum barrels, etc. It all depends on many things:

1. Was ther reciever made and set aside and finished later;
2. Was it made at Walther or Neungamme KZ; and
3. Were parts contracted or was the reciever contracted.

I hope this helps.

Hello agentcq
thanks for your post.

I think it should produced by Walther. the only WaA Code that i can find on the weapon parts is 359. I tought, the K43 were made only at the end of the war by Neungamme KZ. After Walther Zella-Mehlis was captured by the us troops.

The only other producer that i could find is on the trigger "clc" (Rich. Herder Solingen) and the barrel "dtk" (Hagener Gußstahlwerke, pruduced barrels for G/K43)

Here another pictures. its an uncleand optik..

Attachments

• G43_19.JPG
    G43_19.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Another question.

Someone know what this should be ? it's not broken and i could see it on lots of original stocks. Also you can find at Senich book. e.g at page 285, 294, 301, 319 (german book version) or on pictures like here
http://www.gewehr.us/ZF4K43-D.JPG

the stock is the original to the weapon. Stamped with serial number and WaA 359

Attachments

• G43_Schaft.JPG
    G43_Schaft.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
The trigger "clc" was a contract trigger. Most were marked with clc or a 'v' in a circle on all makers of the G43/K43.

The 'dtk' barrel was made by Hagener Gussstahlwerke and is correct for an ac44 rifle.

Most flat butt plates were found on on rifles after the 'j' serial number block, however you do find them on earlier rifles.

I wouldn't worry about the notch on your stock.

the cut out aka notch in the stock is original and correct as it was milled at the factory in WWII

If you put on a scope mount it will slide into the recessed cutout.

i do not thing so. the mount slide not into the notch. You find this notch in severel differnet sizes.

@ miles136: is this seen on only certain manufacturer or only on a produktion year ?
is this in W. Darrin Weaver book also mentioned.

or is about this nothing exactly known ?
I riddle a long time for what this could be.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back