That doesn't look issued..

Nice!!

Did they import a bunch of these??

bill grist
01-07-2011, 04:54 PM
That doesn't look issued..

Nice!!

Did they import a bunch of these??

.. I understand that a warehouse of pith helmets was found in Holland in the 60s and imported to the USA... This pith was found with a West Point Vets militaria, I doubt if it was ever issued I have three AK pay/id books as well and one of the picts in the book shows AK members wearing pith helmets...BILL

mauser99
01-07-2011, 05:21 PM
yes, on the import of the 2nd pattern pith's..This I think has been one reason for their
lower than most resale price. An AK pith is still the bargain of all 3R head gear. Here are my 2 examples 1st and 2nd modell.. Have just over 4 bills in the pair...

Turbo Archie
01-07-2011, 07:34 PM
I think I traded a KM book against mine.

As you can see, I don't like to spend alot on head gear.. :facepalm:

http://www.k98kforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10420&d=1294446848

mauser99
01-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Hey, TA. we all have our priorities. I actually like luftshutz helmets. When I was a kid my neighbor's Dad had some helmets and I'd wear that luftshutz helmet and I thought I was a hot shit. I was around eight. I've been hooked ever since. As you can see I just picked up that m35 combat luftshutz. They are still a favorite...

bill grist
01-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Here are some picts of My SS tropical Pith Helmet and the story of how I got it...It came from a attic on Providence rd., Charlotte, N.C. in 1965.. There had been dirt dobbers/wasp nest built in the helmet and on the outside the stains are still present, along with the helmet there was a moth eaten Ike jacket with a 45 inf. Div. patch on the jacket, I still have the patch with a few moth nips, there was also a 1937 Luger in a 1940 dlu holster which I still have.. I went to High School with the person who's father had brought the items back..This was the summer of 1965 and everything was purchased for 75$.. I was making 55$ a week.. The reason that we went into the attic was that there was a high powered rifle a Drilling in the attic and my friend wanted to see if it would shoot through a engine block.. He was a wild man, and 10 years ago died of a heart attack..Now I know about stories with militaria, But I get a kick every time I think of him shooting up a car with the drilling that his dad had also gotten as a souviner... BILL

Lancer-86
01-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Here's mine..