Third Party Press

My new toy

Kammerjaeger

Finnish KP/31 (semi-auto)

imagejpg2_zpsf9adc7d8.jpg

Built from an original de-mill kit by TNW out of Oregon. Barrel had to be lengthened 4" from the original 12". Caliber is 9mm Parabellum. Stick is 36 rounds, drum 71. Going to the range tomorrow. :thumbsup:

KJ

Looks nice! Hopefully better then the old TNW stuff!

I shot it today, see my range report. There is one thing I am going to "fix", lest it develop into an issue. Where TNW mated the front trunnion to the ejection port section, they basically did it with two tack welds. There have been numerous failures of these welds, thereby causing the barrel and trunion to separate from the reciever. Usually happens after several thousand rounds. Mine had been unfired until today. I am taking it to my gunsmith on Tuesday so he can weld the entire circumfrence of the trunion/receiver interface.

Today, she ran like a champ.

KJ

I have friend of mine that has a bunch of part kits of these KP-31 now thinking about helping him finish them and shoot one and in the end buy it off him when its done. Thanks for the range report too that thing looks like a blast to shoot. By the way any problems with the 71 round magazines for the KP-31 didn't know if those were prone to jamming?

About halfway through the drum there were two double feed malfunctions. All good after that. 36 round sticks are rock solid reliable.

KJ

Military Rifle Journal
Back