Third Party Press

Suomi KP/31 Range Report

Kammerjaeger

Well, I am back from a successful day at the range with my new to me Suomi KP/31 semi-automatic. Below are the particulars.

Rattlesnake Range, Richland, Washington
28 degrees
95% humidity
Elevation ~ 400'

imagejpg2_zps2715259b.jpg

Ammunition used was Fiocchi 9mm 115 grain ball. I fired one stick magazine of 36 rounds at 25 yards. The gun and magazine worked flawlessly. Accuracy was very acceptable, albeit about 2 1/2" right.

imagejpg4_zps384cc83c.jpg

Following the 36 rounds at 25 yards, I fired using the drum at 50 yards, although not with as much concentration. It was more of a function test for the drum than anything else. There were two double feed malfunctions very near to each other about halfway thriugh the drum. Shots were spread out, but tending right, consistent with the 25 yard string.

imagejpg5_zps710da728.jpg

I will drift the front sight a bit, some have stated that due to the parkerizing of these TNW manufactured KP/31's they are almost impossible to drift the front sight. If I cannot, I have access to excellent gunsmiths who can assist. I must say, the trigger is rather heavy, but not unmanageable. It was a subgun, not a sniper, after all. All in all, an excellent day at the range. I am very, very pleased with my new purchase. :thumbsup:

KJ

I got mine from Centerfire a couple years ago, I'm surprised how heavy it was to shoot off handed. It also pulled to right just like yours. The stock on mine had what looked like burn marks on it with a lot of deep scuffing. I'll have to refinish it some day. At least ti's not a jam-o-matic like my PPS 43 semi.

Military Rifle Journal
Back