Third Party Press

K98k grenade launcher

echofix

Hello there, i can't make it out the manufacturer code of this "dug out" condition, little rust pitted, part of a German grenade launcher. There were so many manufacturer that i really need some expert!
Happiness you all, and best wishes for your next find! The tube that lays next to it, is just for a next experiment, nothing historical! Thank you anybody in advance.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 39
Get a better photo of the code, half way between the WaA and nomenclature. I can see it but not well enough to give an answer. The letters on the top of the base are the nomenclature, an acronym for rifle grenade launcher. Not too bad of condition for being "dug". Nice find.

K98k Grenade launcher

Is anybody knows the manufacturer of this K98k (etc) grenade launcher? Thanks Jack

Attachments

• grenade launcher.jpg
    grenade launcher.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 25
Is anybody knows the manufacturer of this K98k (etc) grenade launcher? Thanks Jack

Jack after looking through some of my reference books I think that the code is jnw but the WaA looks to be 210 or 216. None of the WaA 210-219 match the code jnw. But, looking through all the WaA 210-219 manufactures none seem to have been making this type of equipment. However, the code jnw is for a munitions part munfacturer.
Eisenwerk Steele GmgH
Essen-Steele
Dahlhausen Str. 106(NW)

I have one of these for my collection too.
Hope this helps,
Bernie

Military Rifle Journal
Back