Third Party Press

New semi auto STG 44s being imported

"Unlike the somewhat infamous PTR-44 debacle from several years ago, these new guns will use materials and heat treat fully up to modern spec.... (the guns have to come into the US in a sporting configuration to comply with import law)"

This is exactly what eff'ed up the previous run of MP44 SA clones: They bring them into the U.S. in "sporting configuration" to circumvent the ban on importing assault rifles, then bastardize them with domestically made 922(r) compliant parts and in the end they all scratch their heads, wondering why the damn rifles won't function flawlessly. Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results -Albert Einstein

I think this will be like the 2nd or 3rd time I've heard the same thing? Either way I love my PTR44, and have had only 1 issue with it which I think is from firing blanks. Perhaps there will be spare parts imported with these?

STG44 Clone

I will admit that I would like to have one. The price seems a little high I think, but it is much cheaper than an original. I wonder how hard it will be to obtain one. I did not have the experience of the first production run of these.

Brian

One thing that struck me is 7.92x33 availability. Is decent, cheap 8mm Kurz ammo relatively easy to find to shoot every so often?

Well I want one if it runs correctly. 5000.00 is a lot bit so was the SMG FG42 I bought but I love it. I really hope this works out. :happy0180:

parts

I think this will be like the 2nd or 3rd time I've heard the same thing? Either way I love my PTR44, and have had only 1 issue with it which I think is from firing blanks. Perhaps there will be spare parts imported with these?

10/4 on the parts. If they were available from new manufacture some of the stuff on GB would look even more outrageous than it does now.
Some might still only buy original pieces though.
Pete

ammo is not my concern its the price of mags 300-400 is lot for a mag, I too look forward to this rifle "IF" it ever gets imported 5k is what a demilled kit sells for these days

wait and see

RA 922R work?

http://www.el-be-tac.com/

I will believe when I see it. The new SSD. lol Looks like Robertson is doing the 922r work.

http://xcr.robarm.com/

HDH.

Looking at their site I see no reference to that. Having dealt with them for parts for my 4 M96's and an XCR, I have to wonder how they would have time to get into something like those import guns conversions. It's been a while though. Perhaps they have more staff and have caught up with things.
Pete

Meet the new boss......same as the old boss. :googlie

LOL - nice Wilhelm I will believe it when I see it.

I would just appreciate some SPARE PARTS. If anyone is reading this post that is considering buying one (assuming they make it) DO NOT BUY THEM UNLESS THEY BRING IN SPARE FRICKIN PARTS !!!!! :moon::moon::censored::censored:

I wonder if Lars Brueggemann is Dingo???? Dingo come in, time to hear from Ya Buddy.:biggrin1:

Will the 4th time be the charm!:) IO, PTR/Recon, Gewehr Werks and now Robinson. I wish them all the luck as they will need lots of it to pull this one off!

HDH.

Last edited:
I wonder if Lars Brueggemann is Dingo???? Dingo come in, time to hear from Ya Buddy.:biggrin1:

Will the 4th time be the charm!:) IO, PTR/Recon, Gewehr Werks and now Robinson. I wish them all the luck as they will need lots of it to pull this one off!

HDH.

Hi Model. I am not Lars but i will report inn with some news after the IWA show next month. You will get news about Usa and new guns. Greatings! !

Military Rifle Journal
Back