Third Party Press

Ssd mp38l

dingo

Hi here is the copy of the 38l ( Light) . There is only one existing, and it is in the army museum in Prag. It is completly in aluminium .

Attachments

• 38L1.jpg
    38L1.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 38L2.jpg
    38L2.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 38L3.jpg
    38L3.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 38L4.jpg
    38L4.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 38L5.jpg
    38L5.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 38L6.jpg
    38L6.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 38L7.jpg
    38L7.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Interesting - Thanks for posting - was it made for the museum on commission?

I think what Dingus means is that besides the original in a Museum in Praha, SSD now has their prototype MP.38L made.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I sure wish I still had my SSD MP38... It's either in a personal collection at RCMP headquarters or it's been smelted and turned into a toaster by now, along with all the other Canadian owned SSD MP38s...

I think what Dingus means is that besides the original in a Museum in Praha, SSD now has their prototype MP.38L made.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I sure wish I still had my SSD MP38... It's either in a personal collection at RCMP headquarters or it's been smelted and turned into a toaster by now, along with all the other Canadian owned SSD MP38s...

Hi . Yes this is correct, only one original eksist.

Yes - gotcha -

SSD are making a copy of an extraordinarily rare firearm, very cool.

Great stuff.

Last edited:
Now THAT is cool! I wanted to make those from the time I first saw a picture of one! Ugly cool weapon! Any idea when those will be made Dingo?

Now THAT is cool! I wanted to make those from the time I first saw a picture of one! Ugly cool weapon! Any idea when those will be made Dingo?

Hi. They are ready for production, but in the beginning only in small number since they are not easy to make. I think one of them takes 30 hours Just to mill the receiver.. The receiver is from one block of Aluminum. Sorry for my bad spelling.

Last edited:
Hi. They are ready for production, but in the beginning only in small number since they are not easy to make. I think one of them takes 30 houers yust to mill the resiver.. The resiver is from one blokk of aluminium. Sorry for my bad spelling.

No worries about the spelling!

I just realized I had read your nickname and spelled it as "dingus"!!?!? Doh! Sorry! :facepalm:

Will they be coming to the US? So machining from solid instead of casting like the originals? I only ask from the standpoint of it being a low pressure round and a good quality sand casting might give the look and be faster to produce? We machine from solid so when looking at it it is a lot of time if done that way for sure!

Will they be coming to the US? So machining from solid instead of casting like the originals? I only ask from the standpoint of it being a low pressure round and a good quality sand casting might give the look and be faster to produce? We machine from solid so when looking at it it is a lot of time if done that way for sure!

Hi . Yes we are in the process of testing out casting it to se if it makes it easy to manufacture.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back