Third Party Press

ES 340B with missing triggerguard

BSW 1937

Hello,

What can you tell me about this ES 340B a friend has just bought?
He would like to find the right triggerguard for it and the first step is to identify clearly which version he owns.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments

• 100_4680.jpg
    100_4680.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_4681.JPG
    100_4681.JPG
    287.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_4682.jpg
    100_4682.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_4684.jpg
    100_4684.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 42
I believe a DSM 34 triggerguard will fit it.

And, unless I am SORELY mistaken, you can use ANY manufacturer's guard from DSM-STYLE trainers - or perhaps even a MARS 115 air rifle guard will fit? Not 100% sure.

Try Mauser99 here on the boards - he had some DSM 34 parts recently (I still need that mid-band Wayne!)

Yes ES340B

You have properly identified the model.

Vulch is correct any DSM guard will work. The only difference is the cut checkering on finger ring for thumb traction with German hold.

For that you will need to find one off an ES340B, or ES350B.

:hail:

I will contact Wayne.

Is it possible to see pictures of the difference between a regular DSM 34 triggerguard and a E340B, or ES350B, one?

Only difference between a DSM34 guard and an ES340B guard is as Jim noted - the 340B has chequering on the outside of the guard bow so that the thumb would not slip off the guard when the rifle is fired in the German hold (basically, thumb on the triggerguard bow, fingers lightly touching the stock in front of the triggerguard).

A DSM guard will work perfectly; just won't have the chequering (which is useless anyway unless you shoot standing with the German Hold)

parts.

As mentioned via PM. A Mas45 trigger guard will fit. It will just have a hole where the mag would go. Also the sight hood should fit as well. That way you can atleast use the rifle. Mas parts are kinda plentifull in France. I will keep an eye out for you.

OK, I just did not know what the German hold was.

I will advise my friend to use a MAS 45 triggerguard until he find a ES 340B one.
If any of you has such a part collecting dust...

Military Rifle Journal
Back