Third Party Press

Period Pictures - Sniper

IMHO , I have serious suspicions this is not period original photo . I have seen this pic many times over the past 3 to 4 years being offered for sale on Ebay.de and have asked a number of collectors and most have come to same conclusion as myself .

What really looked suspicious to me are the big honking nazi eagle & swastika on the boxes . I and others maybe wrong , I have asked seller to show backside of photo as well but never has . That raises my suspicions also . Best Regards

It is a well done photo even if not period original .

I can't remember if I found that pic on flickr or some similar website. Generally, if there is no reference as to date/time/location of the photo or any other pertinent details it could be a re-enactor or a fake. This pic did not have any details so you guys may be right. Maybe that is why the one on ebay won't show the back of the photo for verification.

Dave, you have probably seen many of these pics but there might be a few you had not viewed on this site and may enjoy. There are 9 pages of sniper pics - a lot are Soviet.

http://histomil.com/viewtopic.php?f=338&t=14271&hilit=sniper

I can't remember if I found that pic on flickr or some similar website. Generally, if there is no reference as to date/time/location of the photo or any other pertinent details it could be a re-enactor or a fake. This pic did not have any details so you guys may be right. Maybe that is why the one on ebay won't show the back of the photo for verification.

Dave, you have probably seen many of these pics but there might be a few you had not viewed on this site and may enjoy. There are 9 pages of sniper pics - a lot are Soviet.

http://histomil.com/viewtopic.php?f=338&t=14271&hilit=sniper

Great Sight , Many I have seen already but a few never seen very interesting pics to say the least.

This is one such pic I posted from this sight if indeed it is Period Original . Look close at the Scope and then the Mount is LSR Machined Ring

Zeiss Zielvier on LSR Machined Ring. So is it period or not . If it is , it reinforces the fact there is still so many unknowns of what was actually used and not . Adds credence to the saying Never Say Never .

Attachments

• scharfschutze-w1_imagesia-com_s59i_large.jpg
    scharfschutze-w1_imagesia-com_s59i_large.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 146
Great Sight , Many I have seen already but a few never seen very interesting pics to say the least.

This is one such pic I posted from this sight if indeed it is Period Original . Look close at the Scope and then the Mount is LSR Machined Ring

Zeiss Zielvier on LSR Machined Ring. So is it period or not . If it is , it reinforces the fact there is still so many unknowns of what was actually used and not . Adds credence to the saying Never Say Never .

If this pic is original it is amazing, I have only seen one period picture of LSR so far, the one with two SS on winter clothes. It is also surprising that this new one has a Zielvier on LSR machined rings type, so far only dow LSR scopes were known to have been used with this mount if I am right.

That is the Million $ Question , Is it Period Original photo or Not ?. Best Regards.

Military Rifle Journal
Back