Third Party Press

some intersting mkb42 BD42(H) pics

d dAY dOG

Okay, so here's some interesting side to side comparison pics of a SSD BD42(H) a/k/a mkb42 for sale in EUR.

58987.jpg

58988.jpg

The obvious WTF question on this particular weapon to me is the magazine slide on the right side of the weapon. This is definitely NOT a .22 cal rifle per the web page. To be fair, I'm not very familiar with original mkb42s, but I will eat a bug if they had slides on the magazines. I've seen older photos of SSD's BD42(H) and it's never shown this feature.

So what's this slide for if not the typical .22 caliber feature we see on a lot of GSG rifles and what not? Easier loading? Better feeding? If there is a .22 cal. version of this rifle then BRING THEM IN.

Hmmm. You make the call ...

Dog

I would assume it would be for easier loading. The 22 cal GSG version obviously has this, as do several other manufacturers.

Last edited:
Assist with FTF in what way? Would you put your off hand on the magazine and constantly apply upward pressure?

Hmm strange magasine, not a SSD mag. On my por cell phone it looks like it s been pinned? . 5 round?

The web page I pulled these pics from was in Italy:

http://www.armiusate.it/ex-ordinanz...tiche/bd-42h-fallschirmjagergewehr-42h_i18911

Interesting on the price difference in Canada. I'm sure the slotted mag. in the above pics is for ease of loading, but it makes you wonder if by chance it might have been added to assist in the FTF issues these rifles are known for.

Dog

Interesting 6.7K in Italy and 3K in Canada. ??? WTF is up with that.:googlie

Dingo please say pricing will be closer to the Canadian than what they sell for in Italy.

Last edited:
Assist with FTF in what way? Would you put your off hand on the magazine and constantly apply upward pressure?

Nah - wouldn't think so. There were PTR44 owners out there early on in 2009/2010 who believed there were problems with the feed ramps / followers that might have been staggering rounds incorrectly to where the bolt was stripping them at an odd angle, resulting in a FTF. If I recall, one of the 922r parts was the mag. follower? A member back at the GK43 forum offered up magazines to sell that were said to correct mag. feeding problems, which helped per some people. Personally, I never bought any of those mags.

I was wondering if this slide would allow, not just easier loading as in the GSG rifles (of which I have two), but the shooter could work the slide to loosen up any binding rounds, which I occasionally do with my GSG .22 MP44 (fun and accurate gun BTW). I suppose you could just tap the mag. on your helmet to loosen them up before shooting them at the range... LOL

Dunno - They just look weird and if dingo says they're NOT SSD mags., then they aren't.

In case you PTR44 owners have NOT tried it ... I've said it many times ... if the repro. mags you have (of which mine also include a "BD44" marked mag.) do NOT flush all the way up in the mag. well, exert upward force on the mag. while shooting. Whenever I do that, I seldom get a FTF and most of the time I get no FTFs at all.

Dog

Dingo - Does the mkb42(h) replica shoot from a closed bolt?

The original Mkb42 bolt/bolt carrier is quite an interesting set up.

Normaly it shoot from an open bolt , but we will sell close bolt in USA and some other country s that open bolt is not legal. The same with mp38.

when I first saw the mag I thought someone put a 22 mag in not thinking anyne would catch it, it could also be a pinned mag
I assume one of our canadian cousins will get one some and provide the answer

yes I want one

Will spares be available

Will you offer parts separate from the gun? I have a Mkb 42 (H) project that I have made from some original and MP43/1 parts. I am currently working on the fire control group and was going to down size the MP43/1 parts to fit. BUT if you are going to offer semi-auto parts such as the pistol grip with hammer set up I would purchase. Thanks Harry

Normaly it shoot from an open bolt , but we will sell close bolt in USA and some other country s that open bolt is not legal. The same with mp38.

Mkb 42 (h)

Hi Guys,

That could be a Shoei Mkb they make them in airsoft . I have also found some cool stuff for my SSD Mkb from France like the ZF41 scope mount, not cheap $600.00 Canadian!

Cheers, Dave

Military Rifle Journal
Back