Third Party Press

Not WW2 but still interesting vet history

George R.

I bought this WW1 1916 helmet last month at a gun show just because of the ship home label, along with it was a US 1917 camo helmet from the same vet, I did not get at the time gave the guy my name number and well he called up said do you still want it. DUH. What is really neat it has his name on both helmets and the company

Pvt I G Hovland
Co. C 3rd Pioneer Inf
AEF France

the otherside of label has the woman who he sent back to. in 25 years of collecting 1st time I have ever seen that.

Attachments

• DSC00048.jpg
    DSC00048.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00050.jpg
    DSC00050.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00001.jpg
    DSC00001.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC00014.jpg
    DSC00014.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC00008.jpg
    DSC00008.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 21
George, very nice. You still have the luck. One can just see the history oozing out of those.

just this last weekend at a gun show i saw a painted helmet alot like that one, with a large iron cross painted across the top, and A.E.F. in the front of it. that was neat to see. the guy walked around and spoke to a few dealers, but last i saw he didnt sell it.

Thanks Dave, F350 some of that stuff those guys carry around I would not buy no matter what, high price and not very good. It has been a tough last few months even finding a 98 in somewhat decent condition, plenty of lugers and small pistols lately, the cold and snowstorms have not helped no one really goes out in that crap.

Thanks Dave, F350 some of that stuff those guys carry around I would not buy no matter what, high price and not very good. It has been a tough last few months even finding a 98 in somewhat decent condition, plenty of lugers and small pistols lately, the cold and snowstorms have not helped no one really goes out in that crap.

the guy i saw that was carrying this stuff around said it was his uncles or brothers stuff, he had some "yardlongs" ( 3 foot long photographs from the military ) and some of those wraps for around your boots, couple other small things.

i think he was more interested in just finding out the value / info than he was selling.

Military Rifle Journal
Back