284.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_1372.jpg
    100_1372.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_1373.jpg
    100_1373.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 126
:hail:

interesting to finally see some color photos. i like the matte blue finish...i guess i never realized how different it was from the regular 98 blue

pity the fotos are overly dark - the overhead view looks like it may be a phosphated finish

and its the same finish all over - did they dip the whole assembled rifle (not the stock attached of course ) in one go (just plugging the chamber and muzzle end to protect the rifling)?

can we get a confirmation of the metal finish?

if I had one of these I would def shoot it - but I would'nt shoot a VG1 they seem borderline unsafe

----------------------

:hail:

interesting to finally see some color photos. i like the matte blue finish...i guess i never realized how different it was from the regular 98 blue

Have four., all slightly different. The "early" ones - using shortened K98k barrels - are usually blued with typical 1944 bluing; the " later" ones (using an unfinished K98k barrel blank) are phosphated.

I wouldn't shoot either a VG1 or a VG2 - the bolt is open at the rear; zero gas shield of any kind. All the production VGs did pass proof-firing.

pity the fotos are overly dark - the overhead view looks like it may be a phosphated finish

and its the same finish all over - did they dip the whole assembled rifle (not the stock attached of course ) in one go (just plugging the chamber and muzzle end to protect the rifling)?

can we get a confirmation of the metal finish?

if I had one of these I would def shoot it - but I would'nt shoot a VG1 they seem borderline unsafe

----------------------
The finish is a dark phosphate.... I have an early one with shortened 98k stock which has a blue finish...BILL

Military Rifle Journal
Back