Third Party Press

erma k98 conversion kit with laminated case

the plumber

erma k98 conversion kit, anybody else seen these
laminated cases? all parts are eagle 77 proofed and serial numbered to the barrel insert.

Attachments

• dads NEW photos 015.jpg
    dads NEW photos 015.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 92
  • dads NEW photos 016.jpg
    dads NEW photos 016.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 79
  • dads NEW photos 001.jpg
    dads NEW photos 001.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 81
  • dads NEW photos 005.jpg
    dads NEW photos 005.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps it was intended as a later replacement for a damaged original Erma case? It has no provision for the false bolt. Is your case WaA also?

laminated case..

Well, I have the only other one!! They were both bought from the same guy oddly enough. I just compaired my case to two solid cases. The solid case is the same demensions lenght and width. The laminated case is taller . Joe, only the early case has the spot for the faux bolt. I looked at both types. Early type was un-dated with early mags and floorplate. The later types were 37&38 dated. In both cases the mags were date 38 and the kit 37...

Last edited:
Well, I have the only other one!! They were both bought from the same guy oddly enough. I just compaired my case to two solid cases. The solid case is the same demensions lenght and width. The laminated case is taller . Joe, only the early case have the spot for the faux bolt. I looked at both types. Early type was un-dated with early mags and floorplate. The later types were 37&38 dated. In both cases the mags were date 38 and the kit 37...

wayne dont forget to let me know the ser# on your kit

kit serial #

mine is serial # is 3847d.. plumber please take a better close up or write down and type out what the lable on the case says. That way I can translate it. Thanks..

mine is serial # is 3847d.. plumber please take a better close up or write down and type out what the lable on the case says. That way I can translate it. Thanks..

Inhaltsverzeichnis

Einstecklauf m. Schloss f. Gewehr
2 Magazine
Kastenboden
Stecker

Looks like the Table of Contents was held to something by thumbtacks at each end at some time. Most of the items are self evident. Interesting term for the baseplate/magazine port- Kastenboden

Last edited:
Inhaltsverzeichnis

Interesting term for the baseplate/magazine port- Kastenboden

On the K98k this term is for the magazine floorplate. I also like to wear woman's panties on my head backwards in public places !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay..........

And why didn't I look in my Fischer "Waffentechnischer Leitfaden...". But it is interesting that the Stecker is called the Verriegelungsdorn in that manual. And as the police only used the E.L. 24 and not the E.L. 24 m. M. like the one illustrated above, there was no term for the magazine baseplate. Does anyone have a Heer DV for the E.L. 24 m.M. ? I have a photo copy of an article in Waffen-Revue 32 on both of the E.L. for the 98 rifles. They use the term Bodenstück for the magazine baseplate. What term does the Heer manual use?

stuff

well, I was just going to try to translate the terms on the google translator. Some times this doesnt work as these terms are no longer used or are in the old german text. Or are multiple words condenced into a larger word.. Thanks for putting the words down Joe. I could'nt make them out.

I will try better the next time as you know wayne i dont know what the hell I am doing

Charts (not dated) from official sources showing (among other things) where to position inspection stamps /SNs on G98 and K98a parts reproduced in Wacker and Görtz refer to the mag as the Kasten and the floorplate as the Boden. Kasten usu. = box; Boden usu. = floor.

Military Rifle Journal
Back