Third Party Press

Der Fuhrer

grimlin13

These are pictures of Hitler, that I found at an estate sale. They were part of a school project some kid put together in 1950, which consisted of 5 hand made manila folders. Four were about the Germans and one was about the Japanese. I was about to leave the sale,when I noticed a box full of old magazines, Life,Look,etc. from the early 50s. About 1/2 way down I spotted the word NAZIS in big letters that been cut out and pasted on the manila paper folder. I pulled it and the other 4 folders out of the box for a better look. They were yellow with age,but not too fragile to handle. The folders were full of clippings from newspapers and war time magazines. Real neat pictures but, nothing that great. Then in the third one I found the pictures you see here. They are on photography paper, not card stock type propaganda stuff. Nothing is written or stamped on the backs. After buying the folders for $20, I took the pictures to a museum.They tried to get me to donate them to their WWII exhibit. I greatfully declined. Hope you enjoy seeing them here. Guess these should of been posted in the paper and document section. Sorry. I'll get it right sooner or later.

Attachments

• HPIM3181.jpg
    HPIM3181.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 24
  • HPIM3192.jpg
    HPIM3192.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 23
  • HPIM3194.jpg
    HPIM3194.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 25
  • HPIM3198.jpg
    HPIM3198.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 27
  • HPIM3201.jpg
    HPIM3201.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 26
  • HPIM3203.jpg
    HPIM3203.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 26
  • HPIM3206.jpg
    HPIM3206.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Hello grimlin13,

These are known prints, they aren't private made snapshots of A.Hitler; difficult to tell when they were printed.
Btw on most of German snapshot photos that were printed during the war you can find a makers mark like "Agfa Boveria", "Gevaert", ...etc.
Your don't seem to be marked, also the quality of the prints is rather low so,....

Cheers,
Peter

Hello Peter, Thanks for the info. I have seen a couple of these pictures at the Holocaust Museum. Hitler with Polish Foreign Minister Joesph Berk 1939 and Hitler accepting bouquet from youth during presidential election 1932. I also knew they weren't private pics. Not just anybody could follow Hitler around for years and snap photos. I don't know when they were printed, I do know they were printed before 1950. That was the latest date on any of the news paper clippings in the folders. I'm sure they had been in that folder since then. Everything was turning yellow from all the acid in the manila paper,the photos too but lesser degree. Distinct outline of photos, with paper much lighter behind. I've got other photos that have been stamped on the back and figured these were something else. I've shown them to a few "Experts" and get a different story each time from "WOW!" to nothing.

Hello grimlin13,

I don't want to sound arrogant but I'am going to be blunt, if someone has a "Wow" reaction on these pic's you can't call him an expert on German WW2 photo's imo.

You basicly got them for free, so it wouldn't be much of a problem if they are post war reprints; which I'am pretty sure is just what they are.

Btw private made snapshots of A.Hitler are certainly available for photo collectors, I had several in my collection in the past.
Specially in the early war years, A.H. regurally visited his troops, and soldiers were allowed to take pictures of him; so if you find a photoalbum of the Polish- or Westerncampagne, a period when many pictures were made by German soldiers, of unit that got a visit from A.H., you are almost 100% sure that you'll find a private made snap shot of him.
Also many Germans took pictures of A.H. when he visited their town or a NSDAP rally.

And if you want an authentic autograph of A.H. just search for a pre war high ranking officer (generals) promotion document, they are almost always signed by him personally.

Cheers,
Peter

I was being facetious when I said "Expert" , Peter. From what I've of your threads I know you know what your talking about and can back it up with documentation. Again Peter, thank you for sharing your knowledge with me and all the others.

No worries, today I'll start a thread about WW2 private made pictures and you'll get an idea of what can be found in German photoalbums.

P

Military Rifle Journal
Back