Third Party Press

Value of wartime ammo 8mm kurz

miles136

How much is original MP44 ammo worth?? my buddy has a whole case of it, original too, in original cardbaord boxes (some, I think), but re-labeled by looks like the czechs??

does that make any sense and what is it worth by the box?

Sounds right. The Czechs ended up with a lot of the ammo and rifles after the war.I recall when the ammo was in the Shot Gun news it was being imported and sold.Dont know what it is worth.

common

Most stuff you see is Czech re-label. Before the modern kurz ammo (privi) starting coming in the range was $1-$2 per round.

I have a box of re-labeled Kurz which I found at a local gun show (inside of the box still has the German three letter code and some will even have the original label under the Czech labels). He charged me $1.00 per round and I bought some other re-labled ammo before at $2.00 per piece for WWII marked Kurz. Unless you found a case, I think this ammo is more collector/display ammo.

Unless you find bulk Yugo ammo or Privi for a good price $1.00 per round isn't bad. I know Marstar in Canada has cases sitting in Europe which he can't import due to the mercury primers. He was looking to sell the ammo for about 50 cents per round.

Then again, ammo is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it, just like anything else.

Attachments

• IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0279.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 54
I picked some up years back. It appears to be a German relable during the war. Excellent condition ammo.

mow.

Attachments

• kurz1.jpg
    kurz1.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 63
  • kurz2.jpg
    kurz2.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 48
  • kurz3.jpg
    kurz3.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 57
Ther is a guy on Ebay selling repro 8mm kurz boxes with repro hla labels. I ordered a set of 10 boxes to hold some lose rounds for display purposes. The boxes are excellent, the repro labels are easy to spot as repros but still look good.

Sometimes the Yugo post war boxes still have the original german labels undernearth.

Original rounds are not that easy to find, just like most MP44 accessories. I am pumped as my SSD BD44 Canadian version of the PTR is in the mail and on its way to my house, should arrive just in time from my Birthday on Friday. The rifle included 400 prvi rounds, so I will at least have some ammo and then to reloading.

WWII German Kurz ammo re=packed by Czech Post War

How much is original MP44 ammo worth?? my buddy has a whole case of it, original too, in original cardbaord boxes (some, I think), but re-labeled by looks like the czechs??

does that make any sense and what is it worth by the box?

The 7.92 Kurz German Manufacture with the zinc coated steel primer was non-corrosive. That is the 30/40 primer, the 88 type or brass primer was mecuric. I collect Kurz and just bought 2700 rounds in a repack case for $1450 dollars. The new PRVI and Hornady brass cased stuff is better for shooting and cheap also. I found many headstamps I needed in the case including AUX, OXO, AK, DOU, FVA, WA, and DE. I have a comprehensive KURZ checklist if anyone would like a copy, let me know.
Kurz4566

Its good you keep and offer a Kurz checklist. To my knowledge you are the only one that has done so. I would love a copy.

mow.

Then there are the big boxes to collect!

Attachments

• Kbox1.jpg
    Kbox1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Kbox2.jpg
    Kbox2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Kbox3.jpg
    Kbox3.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Kbox43.2.jpg
    Kbox43.2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Kbox43.1.jpg
    Kbox43.1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 48
  • Kbox43.3.jpg
    Kbox43.3.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 42
John at Marstar has several thousand rounds of Kurz in Europe somewhere. He cannot import them into Canada due to the fear of mercury primers.
I don't know if anyone on this site is from Europe and has a thick enough wallet to pick up the lot???

Cheers

Military Rifle Journal
Back