Third Party Press

Just received this

Pat

Staff member
I'm not a collector of militaria or documents, but I found this while searching for something else. This is the 1943 version, and had been professionally rebound in hardcover, with the original cover attached to the front. I bought it as a period resource instead of a collectible, so the new binding just makes this more usable for me.

Pat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 88
This book was once in the library of the SS Police Chief in Stalino.
Talking about a bunch of war criminals!
The Stalino ghetto was liquidated in April '42, an Einsatz Kommando took the +/- 15.000 jews to a nearby abandoned mine and threw them in the shafts alive, also gas vans were used and the corpses were also thrown in the mine shafts.

P

Disgusting.
I was wondering if the stamp on the pictured page was more or less standard for these, or if it was somewhat more 'personalized.' I've only had time to skim small parts and take the pics, so I'll need to look closer at the details like that.

Thanks for the information, Peter-
Pat

This book was once in the library of the SS Police Chief in Stalino.
Talking about a bunch of war criminals!
The Stalino ghetto was liquidated in April '42, an Einsatz Kommando took the +/- 15.000 jews to a nearby abandoned mine and threw them in the shafts alive, also gas vans were used and the corpses were also thrown in the mine shafts.

P

Wow, that book was likely handled by some of the most evil men from that time period.

Sometimes the stamps are very interesting:

HDv366 Titelblatt.jpg => Stempel.jpg

Waffen – SS

Totenkopf – Wachbatallion , Sachsenhausen

Just a warning.
- There are plenty of (fake) unit stamps around, so be careful if your paying a premium, like for example for a period reference book, because it belonged to an interesting or imfamous unit.

I think, it is not really profitable to imitate the markings. You need always the original rare manual ore book for something else. Experienced collectors will ever find out the fraud.
After a few years you will find sure some interesting markings by chance.

Atlas zu DVE 57 Blatt 1.jpg Atlas zu DVE 57 Blatt 1 Stempel.jpg

KÖNIGL. PREUSS. I. LEIB-HUSAREN-REGIMENT No 1

HDv 450 ohne.jpg HDv 450 Stempel ohne.jpg

Oberkommando des Heeres
Vorschriftenabteilung
Heeres-Waffenamt

HDv 99 ohne.jpg HDv 99 Stempel ohne.jpg

Oberkommando des Heeres
Amtsgruppe P 6
Heerespersonalamt

Military Rifle Journal
Back