Third Party Press

Letter I received

8x57mauser

Friend of mine in Germany sent me this. Its a letter from Wilhelm Jordan, an SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer and who I believe is Heinrich Himmler's archaeologist from what a quick internet search shows. He appears to be doing an archaeological survey in the vicinity of Wewelsburg Castle in November 1940. Looks to have found something that has excited him and he sent off this letter to a friend or colleague with details, two images and a small transparency. I haven't fully dug into it and read through it yet.

letter 1 001.jpgletter 2 001.jpgletter 3 001.jpgletter 4 001.jpgletter 5 001.jpg

Could it possibly mean anything too the SS research in the ancient artifacts at all? I do know Himmler was obsessed with these kind of artifacts. Such as the spear of destiny too name a few.

Could it possibly mean anything too the SS research in the ancient artifacts at all? I do know Himmler was obsessed with these kind of artifacts. Such as the spear of destiny too name a few.

There was an SS school at Wewelsburg and Hauptsturmführer Jordan was the head/instructor of the archaeological department.

Neat letter. The remains of three different bowls/sieves/vessels were found, and he is asking his friend for opinions on their possible use (as they were likely not designed to hold water or liquids of any kind). His guess is that there may have been a ceremonial use, and asks whether regional tales make mention of anything helpful.

Military Rifle Journal
Back