And next "S" Simson - Sauer ?
mg13-mag-116S1.jpg mg13-mag-214S1.jpg
At last a Ghotic letter "S"
mg13-mag-225O11.jpg
I know that "G" = 1935
Thanks in advance
Claus

Last edited:
Yes. Top logo is Simson, with the N the date code for 1927. Second and third are Walther. Last one is Haenel. It's not clear if Walther actually finished these marked with their code, but the code suggest they made the magazine bodies. I'm certain that there was a consortium of makers in the Suhl area that shared contracts for the military, many made components for Sauer K98k rifles. I covered these markings here on the forum (and in our early Karabiner 98k book), I'll try to find that posting.

I have searched more on this board and found a thread started by "mrfarb"
mrfarb.jpg

Loewe replied: "Ken Huddle is the dude for all things MG, he has a "N" date (1933):
Simson logo - e/6 x2 - N
He also has numerous others from Simson-BSW 1933-1936, some from Mauser (K & G dates), some from S&S (Sütterlin "S" & e/115)"

Back to my question:
First picture: logo with a circle and triangle inside WaA6 N date You say Simson logo (WaA6 fits Simson) N date: 1927 or 1933 ?? Did they make MG13 in 1927 ?
Next two pictures: WaA116 / WaA214 "S" in printed Ghotic type: You say Walther - did they really use "S" ??
Last picture: WaA115 "S" in Sütterlin type: You say Haenel - but did they really use "S". It seems more probable with S&S - (I presume this means Sauer & Sohn ??)

Military Rifle Journal
Back