Third Party Press

G43 ac 44 Sniper

Congrats!

Nice one! Looks like it's got the automatic dust cover, has it been trimmed or is it functional? Like the front site base as well, kind of a unique variation on a matching sniper. I've got an "L" block matching with the auto dust cover that is uncut, yours looks much the same except for the front sight block. Verrry nice. :thumbsup:

Appreciate the compliment. Dust cover trimmed or functional? Not quite sure what you mean, the cover slides back and forth freely. it does cover the opening completely, but it doesn't slide back and forth with the bolt. I'm sure the rifle is capable of firing, but I've not shot it, it would be my luck for some part to break.

I'm a new member and I'm really enjoying this site and the gunboards site! Will post some other rifles, G33/40's, G24.(t), G98/40, and several k98's that I've collected around 20 years ago.

Dust cover...

Thanks for the response, sounds like the front end of the dust cover was trimmed which a lot of these rifles have had done during the war. They originally had a post that went under the bolt and cycled open and closed when fired. Guess the forgot to cut mine as it's still there and works. I would'nt fire it either, can't afford to risk breaking something on such a rare matching piece. Contgrats again! :biggrin1:

lovely piece, Congratulation:thumbsup:

I would like to have some similar in future, but nobody knows , when
:hail:

LC Stan

Military Rifle Journal
Back