Third Party Press

Help with semi MP44 build

msg1956

Hi All!

A number of years ago, I started a semi MP44 build out of a cut receiver. I got the receiver together, welding up the auto sear slot, and blocking the area where the nose of the trigger housing slides in. My plan was to modify a trigger housing to semi, and cutting the nose off, having it attach like a semi H&K trigger group. The project stopped there, because I couldn't bring myself to butcher an original trigger housing! So, I have spent the last 5 years looking (unsuccessfully) for a beat up housing to modify.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions where I could find something to use. I thought about using a non gun, or airsoft part, but don't know if I could make it work.

Thanks

Trigger housings with or without semi-auto internals are available in Germany from Sport Systems Dittrich but I don't know if import into the U.S. is legal.

Thanks for the reply. I wish it was that easy! Getting anything firearms related out of Germany is pretty impossible!:facepalm:

I'm helping member Dalek at the moment, ordered some stuff for him from CDS Ehrenreich and shipped it to the US a week ago :)

Don't the PTR44's have a hinged trigger group? Why not just have yours hinge as well?

Unfortunately, I started this project years ago, just before the SSD guns came into the country. My design was intended to meet all ATF restrictions, by copying the HK series of rifles. So, I have all that hardened steel in the way now! :(

I'm helping member Dalek at the moment, ordered some stuff for him from CDS Ehrenreich and shipped it to the US a week ago :)

That is interesting to hear. If you would be so kind, I would deeply appreciate any assistance you might be willing to extend to me. If you feel like advising me, please send me a PM.

Thanks!
Jim

Trigger housings with or without semi-auto internals are available in Germany from Sport Systems Dittrich but I don't know if import into the U.S. is legal.

Unfortunately, Mr. Dittrich won't import any PTR44 parts. I have tried unsuccessfully many times.

Dog

Well there might be a change in that now. Going to USA next week and hopfully i will have som news on import of SSD parts when i am home. Going to the SOS show and some gun shows. D

Dingo - I am still hoping for a Bergmann MP35 import. Hopefully this will happen in the USA. :thumbsup:

Well there might be a change in that now. Going to USA next week and hopfully i will have som news on import of SSD parts when i am home. Going to the SOS show and some gun shows. D

there are dug original trigger guard units for sale all the time on e-bay, for the past year there had to have been 20 plus for sale. most of the internals needed to be replaced but they appeared solid, plus there have been a few original triggerguards in ex cond for sale on gun broker

if you really want something one has to spend the time looking for these items,

also supposedly one can replace MP-44 internals with a complete HK semi pack they are in the same location, Im a builder( gunco & weaponsguild) and I have not done this. the operative word is supposedly

there are dug original trigger guard units for sale all the time on e-bay, for the past year there had to have been 20 plus for sale. most of the internals needed to be replaced but they appeared solid, plus there have been a few original triggerguards in ex cond for sale on gun broker

if you really want something one has to spend the time looking for these items,

also supposedly one can replace MP-44 internals with a complete HK semi pack they are in the same location, Im a builder( gunco & weaponsguild) and I have not done this. the operative word is supposedly

Thanks for your reply.

I have seen some of the ground dug housings for sale. I have put way too much time and money into this project to use something in relic condition! ;)

The reason I don't just use the housing I now have is it is so collectable, and I hate to butcher it up. I will just bite the bullet if I can't find anything.

The trigger group is pretty easy to restrict to semi only. My plan is to fill in pocket for the auto sear assembly in the left side of the housing, along with welding up the hole. So, H&K parts wouldn't be necessary.

Thanks for your reply.

I have seen some of the ground dug housings for sale. I have put way too much time and money into this project to use something in relic condition! ;)

The reason I don't just use the housing I now have is it is so collectable, and I hate to butcher it up. I will just bite the bullet if I can't find anything.

The trigger group is pretty easy to restrict to semi only. My plan is to fill in pocket for the auto sear assembly in the left side of the housing, along with welding up the hole. So, H&K parts wouldn't be necessary.

some of the dug parts are not relic but in pretty decent shape, again numerous ex cond lowers have been sold in the past year. problem of late is the price

mags are going through the roof, jerry at recon has spare semi PTR parts to be safe

some of the dug parts are not relic but in pretty decent shape, again numerous ex cond lowers have been sold in the past year. problem of late is the price

mags are going through the roof, jerry at recon has spare semi PTR parts to be safe

I have already purchased the Recon Ord semi auto parts.

As far as magazines, I am unfortunate enough to live in CT, and our recent AWB makes purchasing any new magazines >10 rounds against the law. I was able to register 7 magazines (two original and 5 repro) that I owned before the ban.

At this point, I am going to continue to bide my time, and see what I can shake out of the tree. Maybe some SSD semi-trigger housings may become available. Since I have already committed to my current design, I would have no issue modifying a new made (but undoubtedly expensive) housing, vs destroying an original. I would probably just sell the one I have, if a SSD housing was available.

Military Rifle Journal
Back